I play a Strat into a Crybaby rev. C and an EHX Little Big Muff. For some reason, my wah is really unpronounced, almost so far as to not be able to tell if its on or off. Clean, or after the muff in my signal chain is fine, but before, its like its not there, except for the horrible tone sucking you have. Is this normal? What mods that are relatively easy to do are there?

I dont like the wah after the muff, its wayy too much on the other side of the spectrum and almost works as a volume pedal and wah in one. Heel down is like turning the volume on the guitar to 1.
Quote by Tay-ron
go listen to the sound of grass growing. then play it.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||| My Music
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
sounds like your dirt box is broken-if the volume is going to 1 when you put your heel down-give us sound clips
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King
Last edited by Cachao at Oct 16, 2009,
Two answers: get used to it or try new wahs. Some fuzz boxes are supposed to go before/after certain other pedals, the wah is one of those. Stick with it and play with the settings, you might find a spot where the dirt stays somewhat regular through the wah's sweep range.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
if you want sound clips you're going t have to wait till monday... long story.
Quote by Tay-ron
||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
Quote by Debutante
I play a Strat into a Crybaby rev. C and an EHX Little Big Muff. For some reason, my wah is really unpronounced, almost so far as to not be able to tell if its on or off. Clean, or after the muff in my signal chain is fine, but before, its like its not there, except for the horrible tone sucking you have. Is this normal? What mods that are relatively easy to do are there?

I dont like the wah after the muff, its wayy too much on the other side of the spectrum and almost works as a volume pedal and wah in one. Heel down is like turning the volume on the guitar to 1.

Foxrox wah retrofit.
http://analogman.com/foxwah.htm
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
(bump)

Quote by Jhachey22
Foxrox wah retrofit.
http://analogman.com/foxwah.htm

i don't really want to spend that much... I had the same problem with my ds1, and my amp distortion (which is sadly, for the moment, a frontman 15g...).

How come its only me that has the problem? everyone else seems to get on fine.
Quote by Tay-ron
||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
Are you using the standard Crybaby? If so, then thats probably the problem, they have a poor sweep, and sound pretty bad with any distortion/fuzz. You might need to get a better wah, because I've used a big muff with my 535Q, and it sounded great.