Ashdown EVO2 300. Bought it a few months ago second hand. Few months in it dies on me, got it repaired turns out the heat sinks had snapped off and wiped out the output board becasue of small screws. Got it back today, playing it all power dies, check everything and the fuse has blown. So i changed it... blew again. Tried changing Fuses in kettle lead, no power in ashdown or my trace elliot ( at this point i'm starting to worry) changed to a bigger fuse, 5 Amps and it's blown again. Pretty much every fuse i put in has blown.

So far this Ashdown is proving to me to be more trouble than it's worth i got it back from repair which cost me £195 only to have it die on me again 20 mins after getting back... I'm not happy

Can someone please give me some advise that hopefully won't be send it back off. Thanks
Sounds like there is a short somewhere inside the amp. Which is why you are blowing fuses. Unless you have some experience working on and testing electrical circuits I would recommend taking it to a tech.
Take it back to whoever "fixed" it for you. They obviously fucked up. Pretty obvious really.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Take it back to whoever "fixed" it for you. They obviously fucked up. Pretty obvious really.

This. If they argue, threaten to take them to small claims court. They will soon be fixing whatever damage they have done to the inside of your amp.
I'm going to try a 13 amp fuse tomorrow and if that doesn't work i'm going back to the place guns blazing to get it sorted
Ashdown has given me nothing but trouble aswell, their pedals, their amps. I'm not buying their stuff anymore, it's not even THAT amazing, IMO.
Baaaaaaazz
Quote by barronobeefdip
I'm going to try a 13 amp fuse tomorrow and if that doesn't work i'm going back to the place guns blazing to get it sorted

The amp uses a certain fuse for a reason. Putting a bigger one in might allow certain things in the amp to melt, or catch fire...and then you're really screwed. Once you release the magic smoke, you can't put it back in!
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
The amp uses a certain fuse for a reason. Putting a bigger one in might allow certain things in the amp to melt, or catch fire...and then you're really screwed. Once you release the magic smoke, you can't put it back in!

It may also void any warranty or guarantee you have. IIRC, it takes a 10 amp fuse, so only use 10 amp fuses.
Quote by Mutant Corn

i meant 7.5 :S no idea why i put 13 O_o but not doing that now. According to back it says between 4 and 8 amps. But i'm just going back guns blazing instead
You weren't that good with physics in school, were you? If not, here's a lesson:
R (Ressistance, measured in ohms)
V (Electromagnetic force, measured in Volts)
I (Electrical Current, measured in Amps).
Ohm's law:
I = V / R (Current is equal to the ratio between electromagnetic force and ressistance)
So, to sum this up - if you change the ressistance you risk (To be honset, guarantee) PERMAMENTLY damaging your amp.
Quote by nesveikuolis
You weren't that good with physics in school, were you? If not, here's a lesson:
R (Ressistance, measured in ohms)
V (Electromagnetic force, measured in Volts)
I (Electrical Current, measured in Amps).
Ohm's law:
I = V / R (Current is equal to the ratio between electromagnetic force and ressistance)
So, to sum this up - if you change the ressistance you risk (To be honset, guarantee) PERMAMENTLY damaging your amp.

It's been a few years since i did GCSE electronics.

According to sales guy in Halfords there isnt much difference between 4 and 5 amps. Max on the amp is 8 amps apparently, but there isn't many places round here that stock fuses that aren't 3 5 or 13 :\
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It may also void any warranty or guarantee you have. IIRC, it takes a 10 amp fuse, so only use 10 amp fuses.

This, it takes 10A fuses. Out of interest witch fuse has blown?
All my amps have 13 amp fuses in the kettle leads, pretty sure thats an industry standard. It may have different fuses in the amp itself however.
'97 Modulus Flea Bass w/ Lane Poor
Warwick Corvette Bubinga

Gallien Krueger 700RB-II
GK 210 RBH
EB Volume Pedal, EHX Black Finger, EHX POG, Malekko B:Assmaster Germanium, EHX Holy Grail, KORG Pitch Black
www.myspace.com/astheends
Quote by QvistDK
Ashdown has given me nothing but trouble aswell, their pedals, their amps. I'm not buying their stuff anymore, it's not even THAT amazing, IMO.

i had an ashdown amp and it completely quit in an instant and i took it in and the guy said the heatsink, pre amp and power amp all went bad at the same time...if i remember what he said correctly..was over a year ago..ive gotten a different amp since
honest to god, this is the first bad thing i have heard about ashdown. mine is fine, built like a rock.
analouge effects FTW!!

If you think Kurt Cobain was murdered put this in your sig.
Might aswell conclude my story now:

Got it back from second repair... free of charge ^^ Turns out the replacement parts Ashdown sent were for the EVO3 not the EVO2, parts between the 2 were never tested :S so after the shop chasing up Ashdown the parts for the EVO2 were sent and it now works again

Going to keep head for now untill i get a new job to pay for a better one.