I bought a set of Power Rails GFS pickups to switch out in my Agile AL 2000. I wasn't sure how to solder the wires up so I followed this diagram http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_2v_2t_3w

I followed it exactly, and when I plug it into my amp I dont get any sound at all from the neck, and only a loud buzz when I touch the bridge humbucker position. But only in one half of it, if that makes sense?

Please help
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Yah i dont have a multi meter, and GFS isn't on that site.

How much would it cost to get a professional to do it?
A tech should charge between $25 - $40. What color are your wires? How many wires?

Edit - Since you already have the pickups in the guitar, a tech might not charge you much just to wire them. I could help you through it though if your willing?
Last edited by Matt420740 at Oct 3, 2009,
^Yeah I'd be willing to give it a shot.

There are 5 wires for each pickup. a red and white (which were presoldered together, so I assume those are the coil tapped wires) a green, a bare, and a black.

thanks
1. Since the red and white were pre soldiered you know they are right.

2. The bare is always the ground, so its right.

3. Try swapping the green and black wire and see what happens.
Before I do that, I found a wire that wasn't connected to anything.

I pulled it kind of out and here's the picture of it.

That looks like the ground wire for your bridge. Just connect it to the back of a pot with your other grounds.
I'm confused here. Use the wiring diagram GFS sent with your pickups or email them and ask for a wiring diagram.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...