Ok this is my guitar

I do like the sound it can create a lot, but a fuller tone and sound would be nice.
Would it be possible to replace one or even both single coils, and put in a humbucker somehow. I know this would include cutting and reshaping etc or is this impossible?
I would take it to a guitar luthier.

thanks
“Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”

― Dolly Parton
Entirely possible. You would need to route for the larger pickup, buy and fit a new bridge, new pickguard, re-wire, and maybe re-finish.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
I know that either Seymour duncan or Dimarzio(maybe both) make a humbucker model that's the same size as a single coil.
Quote by PcaKes
I know that either Seymour duncan or Dimarzio(maybe both) make a humbucker model that's the same size as a single coil.

Dimarzio Chopper i think?
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Quote by carmen barlow
Ok this is my guitar

I do like the sound it can create a lot, but a fuller tone and sound would be nice.
Would it be possible to replace one or even both single coils, and put in a humbucker somehow. I know this would include cutting and reshaping etc or is this impossible?
I would take it to a guitar luthier.

thanks
I'd hate cutting through such a beautiful guitar. I'd hunt down a used Squier Affinity Tele for any routing/cutting. Put a BKP Miracle Man to go all the way to brutal!

I'm pretty sure allparts.com would have the bridge at least. probably the pickguard too. its been done before. people want a hardtail with humbuckers and a fender name all over it. but they dont want to buy a hard to find HH tele. last time I checked you had to choose between a flame maple top, quilt top, or some lame 60's flower paisley crap. here is a thread from the mother of all tele forums

linky
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Get one of these dude!

They're available from this site and probably many others. - http://www.axetec.co.uk/axetec%20guitar%20parts%20spares%20pickups_040.htm

It solves the problem of what to do with the bridge pick-up.

EDIT:

And get this pickguard... SORTED!
(Invalid img)

from here: http://store.guitarfetish.com/cunehupifort.html
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Last edited by flyingmarlin at Oct 4, 2009,
To avoid having to chop up the body as much as possible you could always try a set of stacked pickups, and that'd keep with original aesthetic too.

Irongear do a set of them for just under £30 a pickup.

Or for a little fuller sound you could always keep the original pickups and wire them in series. If you get a push/pull pot or a 4-position tele switch you can wire it so that you can get the series middle position and keep the original parellel wiring sound.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Last edited by Baconfish at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by Baconfish
To avoid having to chop up the body as much as possible you could always try a set of stacked pickups, and that'd keep with original aesthetic too.

Irongear do a set of them for just under £30 a pickup.

Or for a little fuller sound you could always keep the original pickups and wire them in series. If you get a push/pull pot or a 4-position tele switch you can wire it so that you can get the series middle position and keep the original parellel wiring sound.

I've bought some for my tele actually, they'll be here in the next few days. I can't wait, I've heard only good things about them!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
Quote by flyingmarlin
I've bought some for my tele actually, they'll be here in the next few days. I can't wait, I've heard only good things about them!

Awesome, I'm strongly considering get a set of those, I'd be great if you could let me know how they sound.

And TS, I'd advise against cutting into your guitar, you could always get some nice stacked humbuckers, or even just some high output pups. But if you do decide to go for it, then good luck.
he should put... dimbuckers in his tele
<.<

>.>

No srsly don't.
I don't know what to recommend for fuller tone but it is very possible. do it yourself so you can learn also. It will be alot better that way.