Hi all

Any advice on affordable software to install on PC that will enable me to record Riffs I have come up with so I can play back and then overlap with solo etc

I have tried the Behringer Guitar Link UCG102 and didn't think it was up to much.

Any kind of breakdown on what I need etc would be much appreciated

Have heard of Pro tools etc but am a bit lost.....only want the basisc for now.....don't want all the gear and no idea if you know what I mean

Cheers in advance

007samd
Plugging guitar into PC doesn't really producethe best results, it makes the pickups sound dull and weak, and completely disregards piezo, but for some reason, when you turn a pedal on, the signal tends to clear up a bit.

Your better off recording from your amp, then uploading to you pc via USB connection, then using studio on top of that

in the mean time for free use Audacity.
Reaper has a 30 day trial. This prog kicks ass actually. I recently moved up to it from Guitar Tracks Pro 3.
What you also will need to make it sound better, is some VST plugins. Like Cabinet simulators. Google for it. Voxengo Boogex or OUR Cabinet simulator.
You could get the M-audio fast track, which is a USB interface that plugs into your computer. You would mic your amp and plug the mic into the fast track, and then you'd have it on the computer.
Quote by ghostnineone
i got my guitar caught in my ceiling fan today

guitars fine though
Ask the riff and recording forum
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Audacity is free. If you need and interface a used low end multifx will boost your signal so it can be recorded, plus give you FX.
for free, download audacity and plug your amps output(if it has one) direct into PC
Better off buying a USB interface for better quality sound, zero latency etc, these tend to come bundled with some software too.
Check the Recordings and Riffs section, please.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Sorry. It's fixed.

Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...