i've been playing for about 8 months, got the basics down and started learning some solo's, specifically the sweet child o' mine solo.
when trying to play a certain part fast, and sometimes when bending strings, i notice my little finger goes frm curled up close to the fretboard to outstretched, makingit difficult to play fast and use the little finger when soloing, if any body has any tips on how to partice and keep this finger under control i would be greatful, thanks.
Do hammer-ons and pull-offs from the 7th fret to the 9th fret on the E string (high E) using your ring finger and your pinky for as long as you can. Make that a part of your warmup and it should help you develop strength in your pinky. Good luck!

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Zoso1994
Do hammer-ons and pull-offs from the 7th fret to the 9th fret on the E string (high E) using your ring finger and your pinky for as long as you can. Make that a part of your warmup and it should help you develop strength in your pinky. Good luck!

So I see you like that little tip I gave you.

Another good thing to do to gain control over your pinky and to make it stronger is to play songs that you normally use your index, middle, and ring fingers for, but instead use your middle, ring, and pinky.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Yeh just incorporate it in all your playing. Just use it and it gets stronger.

It feels good when you start being able to use it properly too. Mine is pretty strong and i use it a lot, but it still has a while to go before i can do everything with it.