So I realized that I don't really dig my Fernandes, so I've decided to sell it, along with my Vox, and buy a small tube head with the money.

I also need some new pickups for my Iceman, because the sound is nothing compared to the Fernandes, which has a SD JB/Jazz set.

I really like the JB, so I think I will put another one into the bridge position of my Iceman.

I'm not a huge fan of the jazz though. The cleans are great, but thats it, and even the cleans are almost too dark.

I was thinking of putting a Gibson P904t into the neck, but I haven't really heard a p90 before.

Would a JB/P90 be good on a solid mahogany guitar?

Or would something else be better, like a set of SD P-rails? I need the bridge to be really bright, and suited for high-gain but good for cleans, like the JB. The neck needs to have really good cleans for sure, but a little brighter and hotter than the Jazz, and smooth distorted leads would be really nice, but not quite as necessary.

Any recommendations are welcome.
Dimarzio Air Norton
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
yes they are. I don't think the PAF Pro is what you are looking for at all
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
i have the SD Full Shred in the neck of one of my guitars and its great! it makes for great smooth distorted leads, and if you have a push-pull pot, it sounds even better coil-tapped! im a little unsure about the JB though. i just took one out of my seven string and put back in the stock pup which is nothing special, but they almost sound about the same. maybe in another week of playing, ill be able to tell if the JB was better. thats a pretty popular pup so maybe my ears are fking with me.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
i have the SD Full Shred in the neck of one of my guitars and its great! it makes for great smooth distorted leads, and if you have a push-pull pot, it sounds even better coil-tapped! im a little unsure about the JB though. i just took one out of my seven string and put back in the stock pup which is nothing special, but they almost sound about the same. maybe in another week of playing, ill be able to tell if the JB was better. thats a pretty popular pup so maybe my ears are fking with me.

how are the cleans on the full shred?