Ok, so I have a Squire Classic Vibe 60's Strat, which I like very much. However, the bridge pickup is a bit too honkey-tonk for me (I play Indie stuff, jam-rock, and some blues). So I was thinking of putting in one of those pickups that are humbuckers but fit in single-coil slots (stacked, I think they're called) so I could get a less honkey-tonk sound and a more ballsy sound.

Also, I was wondering if I could hookup the new pickup to one of the existing pots that I already have for the middle or bridge pickups so that I could change the tone of the bridge pickup.

So give me some suggestions. Thanks.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Before you go out spending money, did you do everything with EQing to solve your problem? Because I had no problem getting a ballsy sound on a CV Strat.
Quote by darkcheef
Before you go out spending money, did you do everything with EQing to solve your problem? Because I had no problem getting a ballsy sound on a CV Strat.

such as...?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
is the bridge hooked up to a tone now?

if not then do that before swapping it out.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
is the bridge hooked up to a tone now?

if not then do that before swapping it out.

no. how would i go about doing that though, because i wonder if that will solve my problem.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro
such as...?

Just add bass and gain, while switching to the neck pup.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 3, 2009,
I think I'm gong to try doing that jumper wire idea...

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
cant hurt. worst case, you end up swapping the pup anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

ok, so i checked out that premier guitar website and i took off my pickguard, and it seems like the diagram is nothing like the actual toggle switch. help?

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
did you try the last link?

is this what your strat looks like underneath?

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62