Hey, me and the singer of my band are looking to split off from the rest of the band for a while and do some acoustic stuff. My singer's a girl so anything with a really low voice is out of the question, she sings Pop Rock and more classical stuff really well. She doesn't have the most gritty voice ever, it's just a really nice smooth sound. Right now, I'm listening to a lot of Paramore, she likes more popular stuff (In the UK so Paramore isn't considered popular). Right now we've thought of a few songs:

My Heart - Paramore
Fences - Paramore
PokerFace - Lady GaGa
Use Somebody - Kings of Leon

We need about 10 songs really so help is appreciated. I'm thinking of maybe a song or two from Foo Fighters but i dunno if she'll pull off the Grohl grit. Anyway, help me out.
any songs by coheed and cambria
swing life away by rise against
hero of war by rise against
disarm by smashing pumpkins
today by smashing pumpkins
cassie by flyleaf

those all have high registers and most commonly related to female vocals hope something from that helps

edit: rise against is ALWAYS half step down and coheed has songs in standard,drop d and half step down and flyleaf is in drop d standard or drop c...im currently getting into paramore too :P
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Epiphone Prophecy SG (GX? Red with Dirty Fingers?)
Last edited by Rg-350DMX *SD* at Oct 3, 2009,
Quote by Rg-350DMX *SD*

edit: rise against is ALWAYS half step down and coheed has songs in standard,drop d and half step down and flyleaf is in drop d standard or drop c...im currently getting into paramore too :P

I've been into them from the start, thing is, my singer doesn't want to just play loads of Paramore stuff (although there's so many songs we could do) because we play alot of their stuff in our band as well.

OT: I'm only gonna have one guitar on stage so stuff in Standard or Drop D would be helpful. Also, anything a bit more folk-ish. I was thinking more in the realms of Newton Faulkner and Jack Johnson.
I'll second Coheed, maybe Wake Up, Always and Never or even The Suffering.

Frightened Rabbit are unknown but pretty cool. I heard the other day someone's acoustic cover of 'Dammit' by Blink 182.
.:: Current Setup::.

ESP Ltd Viper 50
Line 6 Spider II 30W
Fender Squire Acoustic Guitar
Encore LP Copy
Ibanez GSR200 Bass
Axl B35 Bass Amp

Quote by TheCrowing2113
I'll second Coheed, maybe Wake Up, Always and Never or even The Suffering.

Frightened Rabbit are unknown but pretty cool. I heard the other day someone's acoustic cover of 'Dammit' by Blink 182.

I love that song, and will be nice and upbeat. More like this please!
well im having a bit of a problem with my band..our drummer sucks and our singer sucks and we dont have a bassist so its me and another guitarist own the band and we are going to kick the singer out and then replace the drummer and we are going to switch from lead to rhythm depending on the song and rhythm has to sing the song..im more of a higher registered singer myself but i can do fairly low notes too..id say then maybe cassie by flyleaf,favor house atlantic by coheed and cambria,today and disarm by smashing pumpkins,behind blue eyes by the who,your love or sister christian or the light and the glass by coheed and cambria thats about all i can come up with without using the same artists over and over
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
yeah but you can only do wake up if you have a capo so if not dont bother learning it lol always and never is alright but its not long enough...and the suffering i never heard acoustic
Guitars

Dean Soltero USA
Gibson 2014 Les Paul Jr.
Do little motel by modest mouse i Did by myself lol and it came out pretty badass plus im not even the best guitarist or singer but hell if i can pull it off any one can