hey, been disappointed ever since people said the paul allender PRS would not be an upgrade from my current guitar, but alot of ppl mentioned Opeth guitarists using PRS, i dont think they have signatures but if possible can some1 tell me what they use, or the specs of their customs (if it is custom), i like Opeth but not a huge fan, just interested cause their music has nice heavy distortion and alot of nice clean parts, which im a big fan of in a guitar, thanks.
They play REAL PRS guitars, not SE models. Singlecuts and Custom 24 in various colours, all equipped with a Seymour Duncan Sh-11 Set
Nice, but I wonder why they don't have signatures but Paul Allender does, Opeth has a fairly large fanbase if im not mistaken
They are simply not mainstream enough or they dont want to do a sig line. They are not a band that is based off amazing guitarist, but more of an Epic way of how they write songs. I love opeth not only are they one of the heaviest bands in my Ipod but also one of the mellowest lol.
Yeah, I love bands that keep their own style, but either way the music they produce is pretty good, and also compared to so much other metal, their songs generally have much more instrumental than singing, and far less screaming while maintaining a heavy sound, even though i love screaming
Quote by A_Random_Person
Well according to Wikipedia, Åkerfeldt uses mostly Custom 24s, along with a modern eagle, singlecut, and a Cu22. Not sure what Åkesson is using exactly, i think wikipedia said something about him using a Tremonti.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Åkerfeldt#Electric_guitars

Sounds about right.

I had no idea they used Custom Customs.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
why not get the paul allender sig its a amazing guitar

I can honestly say this, as I played on the one he actually used in the brisbane concert
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
^WANT!

I want this more though:
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
^WANT!

I want this more though:

Same, I almost cried when I saw the MEII in a Guitar Player ad. It was so sexy I had to get a kleenex after the deed was done
Because the Paul Allender that he uses on stage is of higher quality than the signature he sells, as i believe his stage instrument looks the same but with locking tuners, higher quality finish and even different pickups from what I've heard, so im guessing his stage guitar is prolly a 950-1200$ instrument, which is why i was amazed when i looked it up and it was 550$, but after further research people have told me that the one for 550$ is of cheaper make. :P
Quote by rawd
Because the Paul Allender that he uses on stage is of higher quality than the signature he sells, as i believe his stage instrument looks the same but with locking tuners, higher quality finish and even different pickups from what I've heard, so im guessing his stage guitar is prolly a 950-1200$ instrument, which is why i was amazed when i looked it up and it was 550$, but after further research people have told me that the one for 550$ is of cheaper make. :P

Try more like $2500-5000
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Yeah but i was meaning if he sold it in mass production not if 1 person wanted the custom because the fact they are handmaking it for one person accounts for a large amount of money.
Quote by rawd
Yeah but i was meaning if he sold it in mass production not if 1 person wanted the custom because the fact they are handmaking it for one person accounts for a large amount of money.

Nah if it was in production it still would be like $2,500. Non SE series PRS are very expensive.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
Nah if it was in production it still would be like $2,500. Non SE series PRS are very expensive.

Yup they sell for $2,000-$30,000 new.
Quote by EyeHatePunks
They play REAL PRS guitars, not SE models. Singlecuts and Custom 24 in various colours, all equipped with a Seymour Duncan Sh-11 Set

For their earlier albums

Now both Mike and Fred now use PRS Tremonti pickups
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I'd get a PRS....but they don't make lefty models. Bastards
Keeping it real since '92
Oh, sorry not aware as much on PRS prices then, but would be cool if they had a PRS around 1000$ good for metal and clean, maybe one day ill buy one.
If you look used you could probably find a CE model for about $1k

It's the discontinued budget American series. Same body woods and pickups as the Customs but bolt on and lower in quality (though still very high quality, just not in Custom territory)

Fantastic guitars (I have one)
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
oh, thanks but im planning on getting the EC-II eclipse standard in vintage black for a good price on ebay if i find one, not too rare tho, saw some good ones for 500$ a month ago, im just saying for the future in which case i might probably go all out and pay the 2000$+ needed..this will be farrr into the future lol
id like a tremonti model from a few years ago, maybe the silver finish. ill have me one of those one day but i guess i need to do it soon before the keep coming out with new models of it and it ends up not being what i was expecting. although i dont know how much PRS changes their models from year to year?

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Modern Eagle NOM NOM NOM
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.