Banned
1,269 IQ
sounds good. will keep an eye out for these guys

edit: this stuff is ****ing great
Last edited by BGSM at Oct 4, 2009,
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
2,405 IQ
I downloaded their earlier stuff, it's really weird indie type stuff. Spoken word vocals and clean guitar parts, you know. I'm actually getting into it, haha.
aggiefan33
196 IQ
this band's playing 15 minutes away with Rise and Fall, Bitter End, and Mammoth Grinder for 6 bucks. hell yes.
AlexiÅkerfeldt
Resident Muppet Fan...
13 IQ
I've actually known about these guys for some time and I do cite them as an inspiration. Definatley the whole emotional spoken word thing with an instrumental background.
ccase
^ thats me!
77 IQ
Ive listened to these guys for a while and when I heard they were coming to Tulsa I jumped at the chance to go see them live. Best show I have ever seen. The singer was phenomenal and the whole group was together, didn't notice a single slip up. Overall it was very energetic and a great live performance. Not to mention some of the nicest people you will meet.
BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
im really loving these guys atm. spoken word works really well
aggiefan33
196 IQ
i really don't get the hate i've seen in the other threads. i missed half of their set but what i saw was ****ing rad.
BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
i think the hate is probably because a lot of people misunderstand their lyrics and pass them off as whiny teenage love / hate / relationship songs.
Rebus
the male inconsistence
63 IQ
Saw em live in a 7m x 7m room with about 100 people. amazing gig
Quote by zapatista89
you know the music from zelda that plays when you open a chest? that played in my head reading that headline.
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
2,405 IQ
I think I saw you in my sleep, darling
I think I saw you in my sleep, you were stitching up the seams
Of every broken promise that your body couldn't keep
I think I saw you in my sleep

About relationships? Yes. Whiny? Hell no.

And most of their songs aren't about this sort of thing, to be honest.
DaddyTwoFoot
Barned
338 IQ
I saw them quite a long time ago and was basically an instant fan. I bought their album Vancouver straight from the guitarist. I'm from Michigan (as are they) and saw them in a small venue in a small town.

The singer was one of the most arresting and electrifying performers I have ever seen in my life. Seriously, probably top 5 of any musician. He walked through the audience as he sang. I think he noticed that I was getting into them more than anyone else, because he came over to me, stuck his microphone in my pocket and finished a song by getting on his knees and singing into my hip.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
BGSM
Banned
1,269 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93
I think I saw you in my sleep, darling
I think I saw you in my sleep, you were stitching up the seams
Of every broken promise that your body couldn't keep
I think I saw you in my sleep

About relationships? Yes. Whiny? Hell no.

And most of their songs aren't about this sort of thing, to be honest.

+1000.. what I was saying is that lots of people misunderstand them. They listen to one song, hear the vocals and go away. maybe this is just because i notice how many shithouse ignorant people there are where i live
slorggetti
Skree!
401 IQ
This band is the definition of ****ing amazing.
http://soundcloud.com/dawwwstin
Quote by Sever_the_Skull
stfu spaghetti asshole

Quote by itachi-sasori
thats like... a really broad range... how can you like dragonforce AND beethoven Dx
CODE
925 IQ
Wow, I just discovered how sick this band is.
CODE
925 IQ
^Lucky bastard.

Anyone know if there are any other pro shot videos like the Such Small Hands one on Youtube?
The Charm
King Platypus
534 IQ
Necrobump for an awesome band.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
1,130 IQ
Quote by The Charm
Necrobump for an awesome band.

Agreed, i need to pick up Vancouver. Somewhere at The Bottom of The River... is amazing
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.
2,405 IQ
They just released Hear, Hear III - well, not just, but I doubt many of you have checked it out yet. It's got a much more indie feel to it.

And Vancouver is a very different style. Not as good as SATBOTRBVAA (damn that's long) but still very good. Much more post-hardcore esque.
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
1,130 IQ
Vancouver is really different. It sound's like it has metal influences at some points. To me it seems as though you can hear their signature sound starting to appear and it really fleshes out in Somewhere at the Bottom of the River....
r-bizzle182
new hampshire rocks
656 IQ
Quote by punkforlife93
They just released Hear, Hear III - well, not just, but I doubt many of you have checked it out yet. It's got a much more indie feel to it.

The song on my UG profile was Here, Hear inspired. The excerpt that I read is from a Kurt Vonnegut short story.
Thoughts, folks?
Last edited by r-bizzle182 at Feb 16, 2010,
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
1,130 IQ
Quote by r-bizzle182
The song on my UG profile was Here, Hear inspired. The excerpt that I read is from a Kurt Vonnegut short story.
Thoughts, folks?

dude...that was awesome. you acutaly sounded like jordan. Guitar playing suited it perfectly. Nice work bro
r-bizzle182
new hampshire rocks
656 IQ
Quote by phoenix_crush
dude...that was awesome. you acutaly sounded like jordan. Guitar playing suited it perfectly. Nice work bro

The ultimate compliment <3
Thank you very much!

And I'm stoked about their upcoming tour, I saw the post on their blog earlier today, very exciting. I also wanna hear new material so badly.
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
1,130 IQ
Quote by r-bizzle182
The ultimate compliment <3
Thank you very much!

And I'm stoked about their upcoming tour, I saw the post on their blog earlier today, very exciting. I also wanna hear new material so badly.

no problem man. and I saw that post too. I'm gonna try and them see them in NYC. i really want new music though. They said they're recording a a new split with touche amore so that'll be exciting. and Andrew from Thursday is recording them apparently. I love Thursday haha
Graves At Sea
Yes, GAS
46 IQ
Dudes, like, I discovered these guys by complete accident, but I instantly fell in love! I've been listening to SATBOTRBVAA about 3 times already, straight through.

I haven't heard shit this good in a while.
r-bizzle182
new hampshire rocks
656 IQ
Quote by phoenix_crush
no problem man. and I saw that post too. I'm gonna try and them see them in NYC. i really want new music though. They said they're recording a a new split with touche amore so that'll be exciting. and Andrew from Thursday is recording them apparently. I love Thursday haha

They're not coming close to where I live but I think I might make the stretch to see them somewhere. And I lovee Touche Amore, so a split would be beautiful. Thursday is pretty good so that should be cool, too.

Quote by Graves at Sea
Dudes, like, I discovered these guys by complete accident, but I instantly fell in love! I've been listening to SATBOTRBVAA about 3 times already, straight through.

Welcome to the family.
Graves At Sea
Yes, GAS
46 IQ
Quote by r-bizzle182
Welcome to the family.

hehe, squee

Are there any other bands that sound remotely similar? I must know.
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
1,130 IQ
Quote by Graves At Sea
hehe, squee

Are there any other bands that sound remotely similar? I must know.

Well, I've heard one song from the band Victor! Fix the Sun and I thought they sounded kinda similar. the song is Karma Suits Ya if you wanna check it out
Graves At Sea
Yes, GAS
46 IQ
Thanks bro, I'll check that out. I'm kinda new to Post-hardcore, so I know no bands whatsoever besides La Dispute haha.
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
1,130 IQ
Quote by Graves At Sea
Thanks bro, I'll check that out. I'm kinda new to Post-hardcore, so I know no bands whatsoever besides La Dispute haha.

I love post-hardcore, heres some bands you should check out

Thursday
Poison the Well
Glassjaw
Finch
Thrice
touche amore
senses fail
fall of troy (not sure if they're really post hardcore but they're awesome)
r-bizzle182
new hampshire rocks
656 IQ
Quote by phoenix_crush
Thrice
touche amore
senses fail

Mmm. Good calls with these. The others are good too, just not a huge fan of them.
Graves At Sea
Yes, GAS
46 IQ
Quote by phoenix_crush

Thursday
Poison the Well
Glassjaw
Finch
Thrice
touche amore
senses fail

I'll see what i can do.
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
Honestly the band I find them most similar to is is mewithoutyou like when I first heard La Dispute I thought it was them.
I'm an asshole.
phoenix_crush
Former Registered User
1,130 IQ
Quote by lookpizza
Honestly the band I find them most similar to is is mewithoutyou like when I first heard La Dispute I thought it was them.

yeah I've heard they sound similar, but I never got around to listening to mewithoutyou. Any suggestions for songs to check out?