K so,
Turned on my valveking today and at 1st i got a few of the usual pops and crackles when i 1st turn the amp on, but about 10 minits into playing the speakers made a very loud pop...i stopped playing for a minit and looked at the amp but nothing else happened so i kept playing..a few minits ago i turned on the amp, left it on standby to warm up the tubes for about 2 minits, as soon as i turned the amp on to play i got almost like a feedback sound, the guitar was turned completly down so it wasnt that..i turned the amp off in a hurry and had a look around the tubes and stuff but nothing seemed to be wrong, i just turned the amp back on and it poped and cracked a few times but no feed back sort of noise..anyone care to shed some light?
sounds like it could be a ground problem. Do you have another guitar and cable to test?
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Just check every other possibility before putting your money into the amp.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
i find with my valveking 112 that if its being a prick and making wierd noises i just leave it alone allnight and in the morning it usually works fine....it could be a bad cable, i know when my cable broke a while ago it made a poping sound and hummed alot.
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
The one at our local store does that kind of thing all the time. They say it's dirty power on that side of the store, but none of the other amps there do that. And they don't move it.

I wonder if it isn't because it was made by Peavey. JK.

Seriously, did you buy it new, or was it a floor model? Most floor models don't get powered up correctly because customers either don't care or don't know better.
It was bought new, as far i know ...They ordered it from another store so its quite possable that it was a floor model somewhere else..
You may wish to swap the tubes and speaker. The amp is not supposed to pop and crackle. Mine certainly doesn't.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by MetalMayham666
It was bought new, as far i know ...They ordered it from another store so its quite possable that it was a floor model somewhere else..

Is it still under warranty?

My Marshall was a floor model at GC because it was the last one they had and I didn't want to wait. They threw in a free extended warranty. Haven't had any issues with it other than they crappy sound you'd expect from an MG. That's not covered under the warranty :-)

Perhaps the store will let you exchange it for another if you didn't buy it too long ago.