in advance...*IT'S NOT THE BATTERY*

hey, so I have a schecter C7FR 7-String Electric Guitar with a floyd rose bridge. this thing was AWESOME until one day, for no apparent reason at all, my volume got cut to like 1/8th. I replaced the battery, the wiring connecting to the input jack, and the tone pot. both pickups have the same volume problem, so I'd like to think that it's not a problem with the pickups. why would they both die at once?

please help. I'm at a loss as to what I should do next.
did you swap the cable?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If it were me, I would rewire the guitar.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by jj1565
did you swap the cable?

lmao.

and yeah, I was thinking about just re-wiring the whole thing. I'll get back to you guys when that happens.
volume pot?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
volume pot?

definitely a possibility. I'm going to be running over to a local music store on monday to pick a couple up, along with a new switch. then It's re-wiring time! (joy...) If that doesn't fix it, I don't know what will.
good luck wiring man, try not to drink too much and solder, you might hurt yourself....at least thats what happened to me anyway
I tried to make a signature listing all my gear, but I couldn't for 2 reasons.

1. I couldn't remember all my gear
2. My signature was too long for UG to process.