Page 1 of 2
Ok, not exactly, but he's doing an album deal with them.

First it was an eerie and disturbing commercial with Victoria's Secret, now it's an album tie-in with a bailed-out mega-bank. Reuters reports that Bob Dylan will release his new album early to Citibank customers. In Reuters' words, it's a promotion that "would have been unimaginable during the singer's 1960s protest years."

Citibank customers who participate in the bank's rewards programs will be able to download Dylan's forthcoming "Christmas In The Heart" -- yes, its a Christmas album -- one week before the album's release date on October 13. (NOTE: Sony's website lists the release date as October 6, while Bob Dylan's own site says it will be out October 13.)

In case you were beleaguered by overdraft fees, or Citigroup's $45 million bailout, rest easy. Citgroup may have thrown customers a very meager bone (just in time for Christmas, no less). From Citigroup's press release:

"Aligning with industry pioneer, Sony Music Entertainment, reinforces our commitment to providing our members with unique and rewarding experiences," said Nancy Gordon, executive vice president, Citi's ThankYou Network. "This relationship gives our members virtually instant access to one of the most important music collections in history, in addition to promotional offers involving some of the most exciting artists in the recording industry. And it's a great opportunity for members to use very few points to get a reward that has such a broad and passionate appeal among consumers."

If the idea of a Bob Dylan Christmas album wasn't hilarious enough -- NYMag.com has some early track releases here -- the prospect of Dylan benefiting from a TARP bank may just be too much too bear. Thankfully, Dylan will be giving all of his proceeds from the record to charity.

At least he's doing it for charity. But still..... It's as weird as Dr. Dre doing a deal with Dr. Pepper and all the other shit going on these days. These people went from fighting the establishment to becoming the establishment.

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/30/bob-dylan-and-citigroup-n_n_304152.html
I saw him in concert in August at Lake Tahoe. Great show.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by ikitson
*what the hell is this crap*]

seriously
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by ikitson

Why is this relevant so much tonight?

And I don't see why it would matter what Bob Dylan does anymore.
Last edited by Well....... at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by Tire Me.
So that's what you meant.

He's actually a zombie.

zombies are undead bro
Quote by TheMidasTouch
no they aren't

Jesus Christ almighty, what are they teaching you kids in schools now?
Quote by lucertia.
Jesus Christ almighty, what are they teaching you kids in schools now?

Zombies are nothing more than a resuscitated human being, infected with a disease.
Would you say a patient that died on a hospital table and came back with no assistance from doctors is undead, I would think not.
Quote by TheMidasTouch
Zombies are nothing more than a resuscitated human being, infected with a disease.
Would you say a patient that died on a hospital table and came back with no assistance from doctors is undead, I would think not.

But zombie's lack cognitive thought and basic reasoning. They're basically nothing more than a brain stem in a body which keeps necessary body processes going (eg. breathing, heartbeat)
Bob Dylan is a zombie.

zombies are the undead.

therefore, Bob Dylan died, was resurrected as a zombie, and is now affiliated with a debt-riddled bank to revive what remains of his flaccid career by pandering to shallow consumers, all the while pulling wool over our eyes to distract us from the upcoming zombie holocaust.

/thread
Quote by RU Experienced?
But zombie's lack cognitive thought and basic reasoning. They're basically nothing more than a brain stem in a body which keeps necessary body processes going (eg. breathing, heartbeat)

Are these not normality for a living being?

A functioning brain stem.
If I am not mistaken this would still warrant the title of living being
Last edited by TheMidasTouch at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by TheMidasTouch
Are these not normality for a living being?

A functioning brain stem.
If I am not mistaken this would still warrant the title of living being

I don't consider people living in a stable vegetative state to be "alive" outside of the biological sense of the word.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I don't consider people living in a stable vegetative state to be "alive" outside of the biological sense of the word.

Thats a good argument, but I don't believe we will see eye to eye on it.
I have always wondered though, what the fuck makes a vampire undead?

Edit: Damn sleep deravity
Quote by TheMidasTouch
Thats a good argument, but I don't believe we will see eye to eye on it.
I have always wondered though, what the fuck makes a vampire unliving?

So, what, are we seeing eye to Coccyx?

A vampire is not unliving, it is a liminal being, neither dead nor alive. I had to take a Slavic Vampirism class last year, I would know
Quote by RU Experienced?
So, what, are we seeing eye to Coccyx?

A vampire is not unliving, it is a liminal being, neither dead nor alive. I had to take a Slavic Vampirism class last year, I would know

I edited after I realized, yet I still constantly hear of them referred to as undead. I have always thought of them as liminal, just living within the fray of survival. And yes good sir, as far as a debate on zombies would go I could be close enough to kiss your coccyx. But still, a vegetative state and a zombie-like state are quite different. Though they share similarities, one is essentially active while the other is a rather passive lifestyle so to speak.
dylan has never cared about selling out or living up to his fan's expectations. he's always been his own man and done whatever he feels like doing, whenever he feels like doing it. people try to say that he's the voice of a generation, but he's never embraced that.

im not surprised, and ive lost no respect for dylan because of it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
dylan has never cared about selling out or living up to his fan's expectations. he's always been his own man and done whatever he feels like doing, whenever he feels like doing it. people try to say that he's the voice of a generation, but he's never embraced that.

But.....

How do you feel about zombies?
Quote by NoLaurelTree000

What does this have to do with the conversation?
Quote by TheMidasTouch
I edited after I realized, yet I still constantly hear of them referred to as undead. I have always thought of them as liminal, just living within the fray of survival.
Well you have always thought correct. People have misconceptions, it happens more frequently than I'd like to believe it does.

You wouldn't believe how many Jesus pamphlets I've got that meld together the big bang theory and evolution.

And yes good sir, as far as a debate on zombies would go I could be close enough to kiss your coccyx. But still, a vegetative state and a zombie-like state are quite different. Though they share similarities, one is essentially active while the other is a rather passive lifestyle so to speak.
True.

I suppose a more accurate comparison would be someone with no superego/conscious thought at all. They only live to fulfill the id's desires (except perhaps reproduction in the zombie's case...) and live entirely in the present. They also seem to walk as if they are still partially rigormortized.
Quote by RU Experienced?
1. Well you have always thought correct. People have misconceptions, it happens more frequently than I'd like to believe it does.

You wouldn't believe how many Jesus pamphlets I've got that meld together the big bang theory and evolution.
2. True.

I suppose a more accurate comparison would be someone with no superego/conscious thought at all. They only live to fulfill the id's desires (except perhaps reproduction in the zombie's case...) and live entirely in the present. They also seem to walk as if they are still partially rigormortized.

1. Lol, sorry about that. My religion doesn't really maintain a constant, evident thought. I don't stay for the religion though, just a personal relationship and all that good stuff.

2. Yeah, like a victim in an asylum, whom doesn't quite have it all together in their head. A zombie is easily going to match up to a clinically insane and unstable cannibal. Odd comparison, I know. But I still feel they maintain a human like state of life. The stiffness of limbs caused by rigor mortis may carry on with them into maintaining bio dependency, but they still breath, control movement of body parts, and essentially maintain homeostasis like that of a human. In kinder words, if it walks like a duck, then its a duck.
Quote by Tire Me.
But.....

How do you feel about zombies?

they aint got nothing on my ray-gun and mg42.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by TheMidasTouch
1. Lol, sorry about that. My religion doesn't really maintain a constant, evident thought. I don't stay for the religion though, just a personal relationship and all that good stuff.

2. Yeah, like a victim in an asylum, whom doesn't quite have it all together in their head. A zombie is easily going to match up to a clinically insane and unstable cannibal. Odd comparison, I know. But I still feel they maintain a human like state of life. The stiffness of limbs caused by rigor mortis may carry on with them into maintaining bio dependency, but they still breath, control movement of body parts, and essentially maintain homeostasis like that of a human. In kinder words, if it walks like a duck, then its a duck.

1. No need to apologize for them.

2. Do they breath? I've never heard of a zombie suffocating before

Unless they're sociopaths even people in an insane asylum will have a superego and an ego. They still act and make what appear to be logical decisions to themselves in any case, I don't know if the same can be said for zombie's.

Zombie's don't have any sense of self-preservation either.

So would you consider geese or swans to be ducks?

Edit: Actually in some movie I think some zombie's did walk in one side of a lake and pop out the other, but that was a relatively modern movie.
Last edited by RU Experienced? at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by Well.......
Why is this relevant so much tonight?

Seriously, it's in almost every thread I click as the first post.

Quote by lucertia.
I thought Bob Dylan was days

What.
Quote by RU Experienced?
No need to apologize for them.

1. Do they breath? I've never heard of a zombie suffocating before

2. Unless they're sociopaths even people in an insane asylum will have a superego and an ego. They still act and make what appear to be logical decisions to themselves in any case, I don't know if the same can be said for zombie's.

Zombie's don't have any sense of self-preservation either.

3. So would you consider geese or swans to be ducks?

Edit: Actually in some movie I think some zombie's did walk in one side of a lake and pop out the other, but that was a relatively modern movie.

1. Well in order for them to stay in a state of life, walking and devouring food, their cells must respirate. This may not be the type of breathing we would normally think of, but it is indeed. If you torch a zombie will it not die, because the flames deprive the skin of all ozygen, it also burns the fuck out of them

2. I would indeed be speaking of your classic sociopath, like in all the asylum movies

3. No sir. Ducks are way cooler

Edit: Boo on that movie
Word's do not describe this emotion. It's sadness, mixed with confusion, mixed with disappointment, mixed with that picture of cookie monster.

Quote by TheMidasTouch
My dad works there, can I get said album through him

Why would you want it, just imagine Dylan, not 60's Dylan but Together Through Life Dylan, singing Jingle Bells.

Edit: Wait! Does anyone remember that thing that said he was interested in doing something with Paul and Ringo? Maybe this is some sort of cruel sick joke.
Last edited by cornmancer at Oct 4, 2009,
Although I do not like ranting too much about bands looking for commercial opportunities (we all have the right to make a living), Bob's situatoin is differnet since he is donating the money to charity. This is consistent with his history of critiquing society and advocating for the little guy. He is using the bank for a good cause so it is all good for me. As for Pearl Jam selling their new album exclusively at Target, that is a flabergastering turn of events that is another story. Unless someone has details about this that would change me mind, it looks like Pearl Jam has given in to the lure of a big pay day.
Page 1 of 2