Poll: ?
Poll Options
View poll results: ?
Yes
69 50%
No
68 50%
Voters: 137.
I mean, what other website does that? And versus threads are still made on this site even though it's against the rules. And there are even versus threads that have been up for a long time like the "creationism vs evolution" thread. Why? That's just unfair. Some vs. threads don't deserve to be closed. Just the really stupid ones.
You should change the title to "Vs. Threads vs. No Vs. Thread Rule"

Also, reported. Take it up with a mod.

Quote by Kirk_Is_God101

I lolled at that as well.
Last edited by Tire Me. at Oct 3, 2009,
Nah, they are right to do so and save alot of potential arguements.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Tire Me.
You should change the title to "Vs. Threads vs. No Vs. Thread Rule"

Also, reported. Take it up with a mod.

I lolled at that as well.

What an A-hole.

Yes is winning
Speak up pit.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Sawsij

What an A-hole.

Yes is winning

Yeah, I'm a total asshole for disagreeing with your thread idea.

Quote by Nelsean
Speak up pit.

Hmm. Well threads like this are usually closed, so I figured I was just saving time. But if a mod allows it...

OT: I agree with whoever said it stops alot of useless arguments. There are some that should be allowed, but others are just pointless.
Last edited by Tire Me. at Oct 3, 2009,
Hmm... I always thought that it wasn't exactly the "Vs" portion that was the issue, but more the subject material that's involved in the majority of them. Because really, almost every thread with a poll is a "VS" thread in some way.
Quote by Sawsij

What an A-hole.

Yes is winning

now no is
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by Sawsij

What an A-hole.

Yes is winning

If anything you are the A-hole, you do realise that yeah?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Nelsean
Speak up pit.

well i assume this means it's ok to post in a reported thread so...

most of them will lead to flame wars. take "guitarist A VS. guitarist B" for example. that wouldnt go well at all. same with "band A vs band B," "political figure 1 vs political figure 2," and so on. i dont see the point in having them. someone give me an example of why it would be good to have them
I imagine they banned them for a reason.....and TBH honest is it that important?
[
If we did allow them, there would be an endless assault of "Chuck Norris VS. Jet Lee" "Pirates VS. Ninjas" "Chuck Norris VS. Ninjas"; trust me, it's a good idea, the mods are lenient on it as long as it serves a purpose, so it's good as is.
Quote by due 07
They really aren't necessary. You can just say "Which do you prefer?"

This, or "which you would recommend?" It's pretty easy to get past. But still, stupid rule.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by a7xplayer
I kinda agree. I mean, I know there is a lot of flaming in those kind of threads, but if someone actually picks a good "vs" topic then there really isnt much flaming.

Finally, someone smart.
Quote by a7xplayer
I kinda agree. I mean, I know there is a lot of flaming in those kind of threads, but if someone actually picks a good "vs" topic then there really isnt much flaming.

This.

If it's something like 'metal v blues' then close it because it's subjective and gonna end up making people flame each other but if it's something good like creationism v evolution or some other good thing then it should be allowed
In case none of you noticed, this rule is made to keep the stupid ones out. In the 6 years I've been here, I've yet to see a good one.

If we allow them then the forum will be filled with stupid ones. Not really worth it considering there are better ways to get discussions going.
Last edited by Inimical at Oct 3, 2009,
I can see why the rule was established, as many very stupid threads would have been created. However, not all vs. threads are pointless and would lead to lots of flaming. Some very interesting debates could occur. Bottom line, vs. threads have the potential to be good or bad. Maybe some rules specifically for vs. threads could be set to prevent things like Megadeth Vs. Metallica from popping up.

Edit: Like someone else said, subjective vs. threads are the bad kind that end in flaming.
Last edited by bloodtrocuted93 at Oct 3, 2009,
It causes flame wars.

Honestly. I call troll.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Because we already have enough dumb threads in the Pit. If we didn't, the front page would look like this:

Pepsi Vs. Gay-ass Dr. Pepper (lol)

Metallica Vs. Megadeth

Showering Vs. Bathing

Bathing Vs. Not Bathing

meatallicah (rules!) vs. megaghey i meen megadethlol.
TS is banned.

Quote by PETE3491
I sorta agree with this guy. What other site like this does have that rule?

This guy is banned.

Quote by sum_4T1
Yes, but don't expect this to change anything.

This guy is banned.

Anyone else seeing a terrfiying, yet strangely comforting pattern here? It's as if someone's just evicting all the creepy foreigners from our country (only the creepy, sort of stupid foreigners, mind)

On the topic, I know that without the rule, there would be an endless assault of awful, horribly thought-through threads fraught with favouritism from not only the TS, but everyone in good spirits with the TS as well. I don't see it working.

I would, however, like to see a system where one could PM a mod and ask if one could post a VS thread. There would obviously have to be good reasons (none of which I can think of at the moment), and the topic would have to be relatively 'safe' from flaming (which I'm having a hard time seeing anything being over the internet), and if it was deemed good enough, a mod could approve.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

Quote by Sawsij
I mean, what other website does that? And versus threads are still made on this site even though it's against the rules. And there are even versus threads that have been up for a long time like the "creationism vs evolution" thread. Why? That's just unfair. Some vs. threads don't deserve to be closed. Just the really stupid ones.

They do only close the stupid subjective ones like "Metal vs pop" or whatever. That's why creationism vs evolution is still open (the old one was closed though btw).
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
At him getting banned for this, it was a bit harsh

But please don't ban me for saying that

I love you mods
Holy Corp!

I didn't realize the poll would be so close.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
I think they should be allowed within reason.

but i also think the rule isn't going to change