I have looked around for a guitar I like in my price range that is a dreadnaught I really can not seem to find one. But I have seen a few Grand auditorium style guitars in my price range that seemed nice. I am a bigger guy(I'm almost six foot) so I'm worried about the difference in body shape will be uncomfortable and make it harder to play. So what I'm asking is how big of a diffrerence in size and comfortability will I sacrifice if any, and will it be very significant?
The shape of a guitar doesnt take the player into consideration that much, the tone produced by different shaped guitars differs which is the main reason they are shaped like that. The only real way to tell if a guitar is what you want is to go and play it, each guitar is unique in its own way even if it is the same make or model.
Well, ultimately the only way to find out would be to go and try out some guitars that are of that body style. I'm 5' 9", and I usually play a dreadnought cutaway, which is pretty comfortable. However, I also find Jumbo's and concert shaped guitars to be comfortable, and my friend who is significantly shorter than me (when I slow danced with her If I looked straight ahead I'd be looking into her hair) plays a dreadnought guitar and loves it.

However, you won't be able to perfectly tell unless you try one out.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
i'm 5' 3" and and heavy, and i can comfortably play grand concerts, grand auditoriums, jumbos and most dreads. ironically i don't find parlors comfortable to play. my husband is 6' 7" and slender, and he's quite comfortable playing pretty much every size of guitar.

on the other hand, i have a few individual guitars that aren't comfortable for me, and you might also, so playing before you buy is a good idea. either that or buy from somewhere with a no questions asked 30 day return policy.