I'm going to be modding my ibanez RG in a few days, just a bitof body binding paint and some other parts painted to match (I'll post picture of it in a few days). and I have a few ideas I'd like to share and seek guidance on.

First off, I've got HSH pick up arrangement, any ideas on what I should use? They're passive BTW and nothing over 200$ for all 3.

Secondly, I'm going to be painting the back of the neck gloss black to match the body. Should I sand it down first or leave it? Its just got a slight finish on it now.

Thirdly (this is a MAJOR task and I'm really doubting that I'll do it) the guitar is a bolt on but what I'd like to do is use some sort of extremely strong glue or something along those lines to turn it into a set neck guitar (no real reason, I just want to do that) Is that an outrageously stupid idea and should I just leave it?

And finally, the guitar store I work at just got in a TON of shaller parts, and I'm thinking of tossing on shaller machine heads, and bridge onto it. And also I'm putting strap locks onto it.

This is going to be done in the course of a month or so, I can't afford all the parts at once so I'm just starting out with the paint and the P-ups right now. And MAYBE if you guys give me some good input I might undertake the work on the neck.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Metal, oldschool metal and newer stuff too. Crue and Sabbath other such older music. And hardcore/screamo style music too. So pups I can get some good crunch and heavy palm mutes out of and whatnot.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
you won't want to glue your neck in. there's no real difference, and in the worst case the neck is replaceable if needed.
------

Shwiggity.
Yea I figured as much.
Quote by I.O.T.M
plus an RG already has a nice heel anyway. i would suggest some EMG's. for the neck and bridge position anyway. if you want a good metal sound with good palm mutes. the 81/85 combo is always good. 81/60 ive heard is good. ive suggested this a few times before but coil splitting a 81tw/89 set would be awesome. as for a mid pup you could go full EMG actives and get an SA for it. im not sure if thatd be under $200 tho :\ if thats too much i would suggest some SD's or Dimarzios
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.
Hmmm, ok. I'll talk to the owner of the guitar store I work at to see if he can get me some prices and stuff.
Quote by I.O.T.M
For pickups, go look at some Bareknuckles. Which RG is it? I love my RG-550, and the only mods I've had to do are coil taps on push-pull pots.