I'm obviously looking to buy an amp for electric guitar.

I don't really care about a price range... I'm just looking to get an idea of what I should be looking for. I don't have a huge knowledge about amps... I've been playing a small 30W Crate Amp for the past two years and I feel like it's time to move on.

I need an amp with a little more tone. I'm looking to get sound that is generally just metal. Some bands are: At The Gates, Suicide Silence, Lamb of God, Through The Eyes Of The Dead, In Flames, etc.

I'm probably going to run my guitar, an Ibanez RG350DX, through my Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal. My style of play doesn't rely on distortion, but I rarely find myself using a clean tone. I'm more than willing to buy used, considering I've really never bought new. Craigslist wins.
So, you want metal, but your style of play doesn't rely on distortion?

It'd be easier for you to give us a price range. Obviously anyone here could just recommend some metal stack that would get the job done, but a price range makes it a little more specific.
Signature
If you want an In Flames/At the Gates tone and you don't have a budget, you can't go wrong with a Peavey 6505+ head.
Quote by Viking_Swede666
If you want an In Flames/At the Gates tone and you don't have a budget, you can't go wrong with a Peavey 6505+ head.
This.
Quote by Aeroblast
So, you want metal, but your style of play doesn't rely on distortion?

It'd be easier for you to give us a price range. Obviously anyone here could just recommend some metal stack that would get the job done, but a price range makes it a little more specific.

I'm saying that I don't rely on distortion when I play guitar.
Well, if you don't want to spend much, look into the B52 AT-112. MF has them at $350 right now. They have decent cleans, and good enough distortion for metal that you will NEVER use your metal zone again. They're 60 watts all tube.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
maybe a mesa roadster combo, or if you want a stack dual/triple rect are good
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro