Page 1 of 3
So I just got told by my father that I am grounded for a year. No girlfriend, no friends, he's going to sell my guitars as well. That included a Jackson Dinky, Santa Marta 12-string, 1983 1300$ jazz bass, and a crate 2x12 XT120r. No homecoming, no dances. My car is taken away, so I have to walk, take bus, or bike ride the 20 miles to school.
If you must absolutely know the reason, feel free to PM me.

What I want to know is, how the hell do I get rid of all this anger when I am enclosed in a 12'x12' room with a computer with laggy internet, and a bed, and other room furnishings.
Please, I don't need any answers that would set me off. Be humorous, but be sensitive.
Also, hugs are appreciated.

Edit: Since I'm not replying to 57 PM's...
I took my dads truck offroading (with permission), and ****ed the rear right leaf spring shackle. So I blocked it and flipped it. By doing that, the rear end gets raised up about an inch or two. He noticed, came and asked me why the **** it was that way, so I lied and said "Ask my brother."
My brother ratted me out. And here I sit.
If you don't really understand it, he's grounding me because I lied about breaking the shackle, and that I tried to shove it off onto my brother, making it look like I did nothing.
I don't need you to chastise me for what I did. It's done, and I can't turn back time. Just answer the question posed in the thread title.
Quote by leeb rocks
SO I'VE BEEN BALLS DEEP IN MYSELF THIS WHOLE TlME?!?!
Last edited by Konkordmusk at Oct 4, 2009,
I doubt all that is going to happen for a full year.

So, what'd you do?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by metaldud536
Sucks dood. What I'd do is try to stay calm and figure out a compromise before you brake something

I agree. My initial reaction is that the grounding will probably wane after your dad starts to forget about whatever you did. Show honest remorse and hopefully he'll come around, and you'll have learnt a valuable lesson.
Don't be a pussy, tell us what you did.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
holy crap
did you kill someone?!
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
just post what you did.... people will then answer you.
Marshall TSL100h

Carvin Bolt
I Pmed you, I am genuinely interested.

And just give it time, talk to him and try to work things out. If you didn't do anything to deserve this, I'd probably just leave...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Get your friends too "buy" your guitars and stuff, then give them the money back.
Contemplate what you did that caused this to happen in the first place, and how you can avoid it in the future.

And read a lot of books.
Quote by tayroar

Don't be an asshole, PM me like I said in my OP if you need to know.
Quote by leeb rocks
im just curious as to what the hell u did, ive done some wierd **** and didnt get punishment half as bad as that. im guessing you're asain?
Take up some new hobbies - drawing, fapping, jerkin your bird, sculpting maybe, masturbation, hacky sack, beatin your meat.
You know, stay busy.
First of all, you have to secure the things that are going to leave permanent damages on you. In other words, "sell" your guitars to your friends (in other words, ask them to keep them for you).

Edit: Beaten to it.
Quote by Erik_Aero
Get your friends too "buy" your guitars and stuff, then give them the money back.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Last edited by asfastasdark at Oct 3, 2009,
Quote by Konkordmusk
Don't be an asshole, PM me like I said in my OP if you need to know.

You're gonna get a ****storm of emails/PMs then. You should probably just tell us before you tell someone that will then post the reason in this thread.
Quote by floppypick
I Pmed you, I am genuinely interested.

And just give it time, talk to him and try to work things out. If you didn't do anything to deserve this, I'd probably just leave...

+1

DoomEdit: +1 hugs as well
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Last edited by doomded at Oct 3, 2009,
He's not going to sell your guitars.

He's going to take them from you and make you think he did sell them though.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I would say books... or UG. Oh you could take up skateboarding and make friends at a local skatepark, that way your dad won't know you have friends! I would also advise getting on your dad's good side so he doesn't sell your ****.
Quote by Mudmen190
Take up some new hobbies - drawing, fapping, jerkin your bird, sculpting maybe, masturbation, hacky sack, beatin your meat.
You know, stay busy.

I agree with all of that, especially hacky sack. So ts can I get a pm? I don't feel like going to the trouble of pm'ing you but I'm curious
Last edited by jeremessmore at Oct 3, 2009,
Jackson: JS30

Peavey: JSX

Fender: Stratocaster

Applause: AE-38

Pulse: 7-Piece Set

Gemeinhardt: Flute

Brasilia: 3 Octave Panflute

...and you play lacrosse and ride ATV vehicles?

You sound a bit spoiled to me bro. Your dad probably regrets spoiling you and making you into a selfish teenager 'if you absolutely must know the reason PM me'???

....i would trade your dad for an ass kicking. it will make a man out of you.
Quote by Nelsean
He's not going to sell your guitars.

He's going to take them from you and make you think he did sell them though.

Nelsean is TSs father!
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by tayroar

The best thing to do is just make a best guess and go with it...

He probably got caught screwing his Dad's new girlfriend.
Quote by JDawg
The best thing to do is just make a best guess and go with it...

He probably got caught screwing his Dad's new girlfriend.

Or he was caught being a homosexual.
Quote by lucertia.
Jackson: JS30

Fender: Stratocaster

Applause: AE-38

Pulse: 7-Piece Set

Gemeinhardt: Flute

Brasilia: 3 Octave Panflute

...and you play lacrosse and ride ATV vehicles?

You sound a bit spoiled to me bro. Your dad probably regrets spoiling you and making you into a selfish teenager 'if you absolutely must know the reason PM me'???

....i would trade your dad for an ass kicking. it will make a man out of you.

Ha, clever thinking, but that list is outdated. I no longer have the Peavey, nor the JS30, but rather the Dinky and the Crate. Lots of other equipment changes. Some upgrades, some downgrades. I don't think I'm spoiled, because I work for almost everything I have. We don't have the money for them to spoil me.
Quote by leeb rocks
He will most likely cool down after a while, I highly doubt you will be grounded for a full year.

Either way, there's a lesson to be learned somewhere in there I think.
Ok...sit and realize that you shouldn't try to pin your actions on others. Learn to take responsibility for what you do.

That is what you should do when you're this angry.
Quote by tayroar
Or he was caught being a homosexual.

I'm not sure about everyone else's opinions, but you just might be UG's funniest user.
Quote by leeb rocks
Wow, what you did really wasn't that bad. Like I kinda imagined something deserving of freaking out. I mean growing up I blamed **** on my sister all the time. Doesn't really deserve a year's worth of grounding. I'm somewhat disappointed that you didn't do something rediculously awesome.
Quote by tayroar
Wow, what you did really wasn't that bad. Like I kinda imagined something deserving of freaking out. I mean growing up I blamed **** on my sister all the time. Doesn't really deserve a year's worth of grounding. I'm somewhat disappointed that you didn't do something rediculously awesome.

I'm sure you can agree with me that everyone's parents are different, sometimes, and in this case, radically different.
Quote by leeb rocks
Quote by Konkordmusk
I'm sure you can agree with me that everyone's parents are different, sometimes, and in this case, radically different.

Yeah, but I just couldn't like fathom what I'd have to do for a situation to turn into me being grounded for a year. I don't know, if you play it well you could play the you're depressed card and like explain how lack of social action has made you severely depressed and all that.
Page 1 of 3