Im just wondering because im making a guitar pro song and I need to know how to chart vocals thanks.
you should find the note you're singing then it's equivalent on tab notation, you can use a piano or guitar to help you find the note, then just find the rythm and all that and tab it, it's not easy though if you aren't used to tabbing
Niiko pretty much summed it up. Vocals usually transition between notes, be sure to put in slides when appropriate.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
how would I tab the intro to bodies by drowning pool, considering it has no rhythm behind it?
Quote by 123mac123
how would I tab the intro to bodies by drowning pool, considering it has no rhythm behind it?

The problem there isn't the rhythm, the rhythm is just like in the chorus, the problem there would be finding the notes since the singer is just whispering and not using his voice it's just air
Quote by 123mac123
There is rhythm. I think you meant there is no pitch. The solution to that is to use dead notes. Check the picture.

Note that since there is no pitch, I arbitrarily picked a line on the staff to place the dead notes. The middle line is suitable since it centers the eye in the middle of the staff, so don't go over-analyzing whether or not he is "whispering in B."
Attachments:
bodies2.JPG
Last edited by Angel Martin at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by rockinrider55
Since when can you show rhythms in tab?

Since always.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
You have to understand, the whole rhythm-less tab thing is an ASCII Internet thing. It's a bastardized version of tablature.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/metallica/master_of_puppets_ver9_tab.htm

This tab has rhythm notated with the W, Q, and E symbols, etc., which stand for whole, quarter, and eighth respectively. Tabs in magazines like Guitar World have rhythms notated too, with stems and flags underneath the notes like in standard notation.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by rockinrider55
Since when can you show rhythms in tab?

Well if you use some kind of marking you may be able to show the rhythm, but he's doing a tab on Guitar Pro where tabs can be played, not a plain text tab