I've been looking around for a different guitar to shred on as my Ibanez S470 tends to go irritatingly out of tune quite often. Due to it having a trem, I can only bring it back so far before the fine tuners run out of room and I have to break out the Allen Wrench.I also wanted to try out a different tuning but because of the locking nut i'm unable to. I was playing this at my local music store today and I loved it http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2940017

Unfortunately it costed too damn much and it has a trem! I played a Ibanez RG 370 and 350 and they were wonderful except for the Edge III. So please UG, tell me about a thin flat necked guitar without a trem for a price under 600 dollars!

Shredit: 24 frets with an easy to reach 22nd fret is greatly wanted.....
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by Shredwizard445 at Oct 3, 2009,
I say don't be generic, and besides thicker necks make it easier (for me at least) to shred on.
Used RGA121?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Hello kitty guitar...
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
why does everyone shred now???
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Quote by westdyolf
why does everyone shred now???

Its fun to see how much you progress by seeing how fast and accurate you play/how you can merge different techniques.. Plus, to shredders, it sounds good, and all that matters when playing is that the player likes what they are doing.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
An old RG550. With the Ibanez Edge you don't have to worry about it going out of tune. Ever. Dropped it down a flight of stairs? Left it ouside in the snow? Don't worry, it's still in tune!
Any ESP LTD Deluxe Model, which all just drop'd to $600, well at Sam Ash i know they have
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Check out the Ibanez RG321. There's also a 7-string version of it.
If you a change from your old Ibanez, look into ESP. There's the FX-260, and the MH-250. All these guitars are under 600$ on www.musiciansfriend.com
Last edited by Amer91 at Oct 4, 2009,
I thought most people preferred a thinner neck for shredding?

Anyways, I'd suggest just going into your local guitar store and sifting through their Ibanez's.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Ibanez SZ520.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by ShallowEndings
I don't really like my ibanez neck.. Hurts my hands when they cramp.

cramp will hurt, it`s caused by restricted blood flow to the muscles, drink plenty of water or milk and warm up properly and you`ll be less likely to suffer from cramp.
Quote by ibanezgod1973
cramp will hurt, it`s caused by restricted blood flow to the muscles, drink plenty of water or milk and warm up properly and you`ll be less likely to suffer from cramp.

Yeah i got some warm up exercises for that reason and it didn't change much. When i was playing a hellraiser it just felt more comfortable.. Want my guitar?
I would say a b.c. Rich guitar, mainly the kkv but that's cuz I have one. Although it may sound like I'm being bias, it really is a great heavy shredding guitar.
Get any guitar you like and feel comfortable with, there is not such thign as a "shred" guitar, only shred players.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by ShallowEndings
Yeah i got some warm up exercises for that reason and it didn't change much. When i was playing a hellraiser it just felt more comfortable.. Want my guitar?

what the hell do iwant that for when i`ve got a jem and a js