hey guys.

they are basically the same except shape and one has 24 frets.

Schecter Solo-6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Ly_M9Wjg4&feature=related

Schecter Tempest Classic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoio6raksz0&feature=related

Leaning towards the solo-6 due to the 24 frets cos i like to shred and i've tried out the tempest and really dug it, yet to try out the solo-6.

opinions?
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
The tempest guitars have a terrible neck joint for shredding, you can't really reach the upper frets well. The Solo-6 seems to have somewhat fixed this problem, (I haven't played one) but it still looks problematic. My favorite Schecter guitar for shredding is the C-1 hellraiser. The neck is a dream! its still fairly thick which I like, but the neck joint is awesome and gives you perfect reach to all of its 24 fretted glory.

If you're really made up on getting one of those 2 though, go for the solo-6, the tempest would be awesome for rhythm playing though.
Quote by whatadrag
The tempest guitars have a terrible neck joint for shredding, you can't really reach the upper frets well. The Solo-6 seems to have somewhat fixed this problem, (I haven't played one) but it still looks problematic. My favorite Schecter guitar for shredding is the C-1 hellraiser. The neck is a dream! its still fairly thick which I like, but the neck joint is awesome and gives you perfect reach to all of its 24 fretted glory.

If you're really made up on getting one of those 2 though, go for the solo-6, the tempest would be awesome for rhythm playing though.

I own a hellraiser which i'm selling =)
Quote by Mad Marius
i own a solo-6 hellraiser and its amazing get it u can hit all 24 frets with no problem and the neck it a shredders paradise
Gear
2009 Schecter Solo 6 DSG limited 1 of 50 in the USA
Ovation Celebrity
TC Electronic: Polytune
Digitech RP355 Multieffects Pedal
Quote by HeyItsChenny
thank you very much, Seaweed
haha my bad, didn't see your sig...

Well in that case, go with the solo-6!

what is it you don't like about the C-1?
Quote by whatadrag
haha my bad, didn't see your sig...

Well in that case, go with the solo-6!

what is it you don't like about the C-1?

I've grown out of active pickups and floyd roses.
Quote by Mad Marius
Solo 6. definately, you can get to all the frets easily. I would get one myself, but i just don't really enjoy the shape too much. I'd rather double cut away too.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by SOADriff

Then get the C-1 classic, has passive pickups and a TOM bridge.
Solo-6, but imo the C-1 Classic is better. Thats just me though.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
the tempest classic is great. I didn't like the solo 6 much when I jammed out on it, so I would pick the tempest
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I've only played the Tempest out of the two, and I was very impressed by it. It's not ideal for shredding, mind you, but neither is a Les Paul but still quite possible. It's up to you in the end of the day. If you really like the Tempest and thought it played great, that's all that matters.
Quote by darkcheef
Then get the C-1 classic, has passive pickups and a TOM bridge.

so do both of those guitars. And btw, i'm not a shred maniac, i can handle a non shred made guitar.
Quote by Mad Marius
Solo-6. Much better fret access and looks better.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I would get the Tempest but that's my opinion!

But maybe the Solo6 if you like shredding.
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by SOADriff

I wouldn't sell the c1 one day you will return to active pickups and floyd roses, its just a period of your life don't sell it.
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
Quote by War_Demon
I wouldn't sell the c1 one day you will return to active pickups and floyd roses, its just a period of your life don't sell it.

I need money for one with a fixed bridge though.. i'm 14 and will have to work for like a year. (I've done that before, worked every weekend, not fun)
Quote by Mad Marius
still just saying you will probably regret it
'into the night under a crimson sky on the the fetid wings of death we ride' Messiah Of Hate by Hell Wave
Quote by War_Demon
still just saying you will probably regret it

I strongly dislike active pickups, but i can see myself going back to floyd's one day, so i'd get a jackson or something.
Quote by Mad Marius
I like the Tempest. Its different, but still pleasing to the eye, plus it was fun to play when I was tooling around with my friend at the guitar store near me.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
I have a Tempest custom, and it plays beautifully, although it's more ideal for rhythm then shredding in my opinion. Keep in mind shredding is still very possible, as is on pretty much any guitar. Being a huge fan of Schecter guitars, I have been dying to test out a solo 6. I'd say go for the Solo 6 since it has the 24 frets, and seems to have better access at the neck joint.