So could somebody tell me what´s the difference betweeen orig. Floyd Rose and just some normal Floyd rose? Thank You
depends on who is making the licensed. Some are slightly lower quality, others are just as good.
Don't know about the Deans'; lots of them have bad reputations around here for other reasons.

If you don't like the LFR that comes with it, then replace it with an OFR or a reputable LFR.

Some LFRs are better than most OFRs. I heard at least one small manufacturer wanted to stop using OFRs because it was taking them so much time to fix the problems on so so many of them that it almost wasn't worth it for them. That was a few years ago, so FR may have fixed that by now.

GIYF for more info on that.
I know older JAckson LFRs were awesome, mums bf had an old Jackson Kelly from 92 I believe with an LFR on it, solid piece of hardware, nice sustain, but of course after 17 years the saddle got weakened and when we set it up for floating again and I did a divebomb the saddle didn't hold and snapped.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
I know older JAckson LFRs were awesome, mums bf had an old Jackson Kelly from 92 I believe with an LFR on it, solid piece of hardware, nice sustain, but of course after 17 years the saddle got weakened and when we set it up for floating again and I did a divebomb the saddle didn't hold and snapped.

You're not killing this thread, at least not yet.

So you're saying it was awesome until it broke?

Must have undergone some serious whammy abuse over 17 years. Or was it rusted?

There's a much newer (than '92) DX10G at a local pawnshop with rusted intonation adjustment lock screws. Went in to buy it but they just got in an Avenger in much better shape, so I bought it instead.
Some of the LFR use cheaper softer metals. So the knife edges start to wear rather quickly.
As of late though apparently OFR quality isn't as great as they used to be.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I didnt think the LFR on my dean was all that bad, It held tune just fine and handled a lot of abuse the nut never slipped. I did however replace with a new OFR being that it was so cheap I couldn't pass on it, there was hardly any knife wear on the LFR. I find there really isn't much of a difference between the 2 and should my OFR fail I will most definitely use the LFR again.
Original floyds are made of steel; the baseplate is hardened. There is a version used on some mid range guitars called the FR-1000, which is made in Korea but is otherwise the same.
Licensed Floyds are often made of cheap crap pot metal, but not always (Jackson's JT580/JT580LP and JT590, Gotoh's Licensed Floyd, Ibanez' Edge/Lo Pro Edge/Edge Pro, Dean's LFR, Peavey's high end LFR, and the FR Special on LTD's models-these are all very good).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Oct 4, 2009,