Page 3 of 4
Nevermind, they're taking preorders on September 8th.

Hopefully they release a track soon.
hope it'll have more clean sections and less wank
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
^ That.

I love everything that was on the first record, as well as WOB.. And that new song that's been posted on YouTube from a couple of their latest shows. it's very good. No one seems to know the name of the song..
Update if you keep up with the band.. That song I was talking about that they've been playing live is "Isolated Incidents", as posted above.

Hope they release it as a single soon so I can buy it and know it by the time I see them next month.
Dude, the album leaked like a week ago.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Weren't we.... Wasn't there.... Am I losing my mind or have we already discussed the new album somewhere? Is there two threads? Am I just insane?

FIND OUT, AT ELEVEN

No, but for reals, I was listening to the new album today on the bus and I realised that as much as I like the individual pieces, it has some of the worst transitions I've ever heard in my entire life.
Can you play CAFO on a 6-string? I don't want to do it, but, I'm just wondering if it's possible.
"Because computers and science" - Rody Walker
Don't quote me on this, but I do believe CAFO was recorded on a 7-string.

Not that that helps with the "six string playability issue" that much, just throwing in my vague 2c.
Quote by Magero
Don't quote me on this, but I do believe CAFO was recorded on a 7-string.

Not that that helps with the "six string playability issue" that much, just throwing in my vague 2c.

Lowest note on Cafo is low E, but I'm not sure about the highest. You may be right.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Lowest note on Cafo is low E, but I'm not sure about the highest. You may be right.

Actually, I've got the jamplay lessons where Tosin shows how to play some AAL songs and the song is played on a 7- string (or an 8-string, but without using the lowest string) with the 6th string dropped to D!
Yeah, all of my knowledge about the song leaves the lowest note at a low B. If you know the riff where he uses the low E, I'd love to check it for myself. As I said, I'm just going on second hand info/my terrible ear.
Quote by Magero
Yeah, all of my knowledge about the song leaves the lowest note at a low B. If you know the riff where he uses the low E, I'd love to check it for myself. As I said, I'm just going on second hand info/my terrible ear.

I checked again, and I was mistaken: There's a riff where he uses a Gb where I can't tell if they're playing a big chord with the low E string or if it's just the bass or a pseudo-bass track with an 8-string. It's just chugging, so it doesn't matter, but the part that I thought was low was definitely a B.

EDIT: Just checked a video, and the Gb is just a standard Gb. So from what I can tell he doesn't use the 8th string at all.

EDit2: Now I remember where I thought the E was: In the last riff, but that's a D, and from the sound of it the sound is coming from the bass only, not the guitar.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Nov 8, 2012,
You rarely see someone playing an 8 string who utilises all 8 strings this well. One of my favourite bands of all time, no-one makes music this original anymore.

Jazz metal fusion, we need more!
Question time!

if you could ask Tosin (or any of the band) a question or a series of questions, what would you ask?

for me, it would have to be;

Would you ever do any more work with Evan Brewer?
Would you ever bring a vocalist into AaL? (even experiment?)
Have you ever played 9 string guitar? Would you have Extra high or low string?
what do you think of Agile guitars?
LeakyFlask
You know what would be really sweet? Having a beautiful bird inlaid around the first fret, taking a majestic dump with airborne droppings around the 5th, 7th, 9th frets and so on, with a graceful impact around the 22nd-24th.
Been meaning to listen to AAL for ever. Which album/song should I check out first?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
So, I have their first album, which is really good. I'd say my favorite song on that album is "CAFO". Not really a fan of their chill tunes.

So...keeping that in mind, which album should I buy next?
Quote by Cavalcade
The other one.

Oops. I misread wikipedia and thought it said they had a 3rd one that came out in 2012. It comes out in 2013. My bad.

My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Hmmmm idk. Had around 5 listens now, it has some good songs (Lippincott, The Future That Awaited Me, Ka$cade, Tooth and Claw), but I'm just finding it a bit boring. It has less wankery than Weightless but it doesn't have those awesome melodies that the S/T had. Thoughts?
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
One of the greatest bands of all time. Waiting for the new album to arrive.
Listened to some stuff off the new album... I still legit don't get the hype behind this band. I only seem to enjoy about 30-40% of each song.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Cut the excess with a DAW

Compile
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Working on a tab for Crescent, hardest part has to be the subtle rhythm/clean chords and the drums. **** the drums. **** ghost notes. I also don't have a 7 or 8 string, so I haven't really paid full attention to all the fingering besides what I can do with a 6 string. Anyways, here's the tab so far:

EDIT: You'll need GP 5.2
Attachments:
animals as leaders crescent tab.gp5
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Dec 6, 2014,
Quote by ChemicalFire
Listened to some stuff off the new album... I still legit don't get the hype behind this band. I only seem to enjoy about 30-40% of each song.

All flash and little substance. Basically a compilation of "look what I can do". I recommend Gordian Knot's eMergent album as a look at instrumental prog rock/ jazz fusion that is substance over style and flash.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by progbass
All flash and little substance. Basically a compilation of "look what I can do". I recommend Gordian Knot's eMergent album as a look at instrumental prog rock/ jazz fusion that is substance over style and flash.

I disagree, but I will say there is a lot of flash. That said, I think it's well done.

It took me a few listens to get into it. They do a good job of developing and progressing themes, imho.
Here's an updated version of the Crescent tab. Still need to tab drums in a couple places but the guitar is complete. Bar 19 and 154 (guitar track) is how I play that riff, but it's a bit weird because I do three strokes with the thumb for the 4-4-4 and then use the index and middle finger for the E and A string pops respectively - the three strokes bit is what I'm unsure about, since Tosin seems to prefer just doing two strokes with the thumb and then moving onto his other fingers. Maybe I'll try practicing with thumb+index,middle,ring and see if that's any more efficient.
Attachments:
animals as leaders crescent tab.gp5