So i've decided to drop the bomb and i'm going to get myself a JSX soon, yes ive played one, but i'm not sure which cab to get with it. Atm i just have a behringer 4X12 that i think one of the speakers are going on me.

Anyway so basically i play pop rock, hard rock, pop punk, punk and classic rock sorta stuff, also sorta modern day ac/dc? sort of? Sort of like the band JET. Also i do like the Blink 182 tone.

I've only heard the amp through my behringer.... not so great, and a Krank, which sounded a bit too metal, NEARLY perfect, just a TOUCH too metal, I'm sure i could of tweaked it to get it right but i'd rather have a cab that got me close.

I honestly would prefer a 2X12, but if a 4X12 will be much better than i can deal with the inconveniance.

I've seen alot of peopleusing the Peavey XXX with the Genz Benz G-Flex but some people are saying that its just overly bassy and a bit weak and thin in the mids and highs, mids and highs are important to me. Punch is good, but super bassy isn't, Bass players are in bands for a reason, i don't boost bass frequencies while recording, i cut them.

So if it helps suggesting a cab at all, punch, mids and highs are important, bass is good, but i have a bass player in my band.
My favourite 2x12 cab has gotta be the Orange PC212. High quality speakers, great construction. Just plain goodness. Some techies will probably know about some better stuff but the PPC212 is really, very good.
Also if it helps, i'll probably put kt77s in the amp when it needs power tubes next.. any users recommend changing preamp tubes and any combinations? I have some pretty funky stuff in my bugera 333xl, but the jsx kills it.
JJ ECC83S's in the V1 and V2 spots for preamp tubes. Sovtek or EH in the V3 and V4 spots.
Depending how loud you plan on playing, a pair of V30's in a 2x12 will work great.
I say depending on how loud you play because 2 V30's will make the cab 120 watts. (which is the wattage the JSX is)
If you want more of a buffer zone, look into a Mesa 2x12 with V30's. They use 70 watt V30's so the cab will be 140 watts.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Hey dude. I run my JSX head into a Fender Supersonic 212 loaded with stock vintage 30s and it made a HUGE difference in tone.

Do you gig/jam much? The amp pushes the speakers just right when the head is at about 5/6 on the master.

Not saying to get that exact cab, but I strongly recommend a closed back cab with vintage 30s in it. I thought about the Orange 212, too. I play ska/alternative rock, and if you want any sound clips of my amp recorded I can send those along.

Also, put 'er up on wheels or get a set of Great Grammas (sp??) to isolate it from the floor/stage.
Vader cab. a good bass response thats not boomy, and always gives a tight sound. With the JSX i found to be an extremely nice cab, with a tighter sound and better bass response than the recto 2x12 i had before it. But its all preference.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I'm going to rec Avatar cabs. Well constructed, you pick the color, speakers, etc and they are affordable. Hellatone 60s or some Celestions and you're good to go. If you see a used Splawn cab local to you, check that out as well.

Orange, Vadar and Mesa cabs are nice too.

Do you gig/jam much? The amp pushes the speakers just right when the head is at about 5/6 on the master.

Yeah when i play i always have the master up on about 6 or 7 and then the channel to taste, love the power tube crunch!!

I don't think i can get vader cabs here in australia though.

Now i can't decide between the G-Flex or something like an avatar... i'll have to find somewhere that has both or something similar.

i wish i could choose colour and everything but i'm pretty sure the distributer here only sells premade cabs. Maybe i can contact them.

Just looked at some prices, Orange is a bit out of my price range.

Vader apparently i can get for under a grand, avatar i can get for about 900, hopefully lower if i go directly through avatar, the g-flex i'm waiting to hear back on.
Last edited by doommaker at Oct 5, 2009,
oh shoot, you're in Australia. Darn.

You probably won't find any Avatar's down there and certainly not in a shop. They are built to order here in the states.

Orange, Marshall and maybe Lopoline cabs will be your best bet availability wise.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
oh shoot, you're in Australia. Darn.

You probably won't find any Avatar's down there and certainly not in a shop. They are built to order here in the states.

Orange, Marshall and maybe Lopoline cabs will be your best bet availability wise.

didnt notice that myself either

orange and marshall are going to be cheaper than mesa cabs then. That is quite something. ....
Avatar have a dealer here, overcharges but i might be able to get cheaper if i go through avatar directly. Vader ships down here too.

Orange is probably a bit out of my price range unfortunately. Actually hell the JSX is overpriced here.

Can anyone say if the avatar or vader would be better/worse and in which ways? Tight low end is important, and if they're the same price it makes the choice harder. Still undecided about the g-flex, ive been reading equal good and bad things and i don't know if i'll be able to try it next to something LIKE the avatar or vader. Just afraid that the vader might lend the amp to more the metal side of things instead of the rock.

Are lopoline of the same/better quality than avatar?

And sorry for all the questions but has anyone tried the g12/v30 combo?
imo the cab adds some color and texture and doesnt really make ti one genre per se. The cab affects how the sound is going to be "processed" coming out.

I liked the g flex cab i tried. didnt really see anything wrong with it, but i lightly played around with it
choices choices choices, all around the same price point. The only one i can actually test is the G-flex and then maybe a marshall or fender 212 which isnt really gonna be the same.

The only reason i ask about the genre is when i played it on my friends krank, that was pretty much what came out straight away, but on mine a little less so, but worse :P
Cool you have an Avatar dealer down there. I didn't know that. I guess you would at least be able to try one out and it increases your chance of finding a used one which is what I would do anyway. Used cabs will have the speakers broken usually so that is a plus. I've had my Avatar for almost 9 months now and it is just now starting to break in

PS: I have a G12H30 and a Classic Lead 80 with a closed back and I think it sounds very sexy. Probably not as 'tight' as a Vadar or Mesa though.

I meant 'Broken In' as in worn in like a good pair of jeans
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 5, 2009,
Hmmmm.

Well i've decided i'll rule out the g-flex completely. Its 200US more than the vader.

Anyone know if there is a big (or any) quality difference between the lopoline and avatar cabs and if anyone with a jsx has tried the g12t-75 (or whatever they're called)/v30 combo that seems to be popular or is straight v30s the way to go.

Vader cab is looking VEEERRRYYY tempting, but is 100 bucks more and heavier... But it sounds like it has tighter bass?
Its by far has the tightest bass response of any cab i have tried.

i liked a marshall 4x12 with gh1275's with a jsx. sounded nice. Lacked a little beef that vader but it was still a nice sound
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Cool you have an Avatar dealer down there. I didn't know that. I guess you would at least be able to try one out and it increases your chance of finding a used one which is what I would do anyway. Used cabs will have the speakers broken usually so that is a plus. I've had my Avatar for almost 9 months now and it is just now starting to break in

PS: I have a G12H30 and a Classic Lead 80 with a closed back and I think it sounds very sexy. Probably not as 'tight' as a Vadar or Mesa though.

I meant 'Broken In' as in worn in like a good pair of jeans