I got this guitar for quite a reasonable price. The guy I bought it from just told me that some famous dude from Evanescence or a similar band (he hates metalcore and all that, so he could'nt care less) was the original owner. As you can see in the pics the back plate is full of something I really dont know what is.

It would be incredibly awesome if someone could identify it! The guitar is an ESP LTD H307.

Guitarist and composer of the band SHADOWMIND. Check it out:

Bandcamp
Facebook
Lmao, Evanescence is metalcore XD ?
IIRC ben moody had a drawing side so might be him
Rubys.
We could change the world if we had the source code.
thats pretty sweet, nearly as sweet as my sign les paul by joe bonamassa
HAVE A NICE DAY!
I've been trying to find stuff to link it up with any of the evanescence guitarists, but I'm thinking it has to be someone else.

I think the writing on the back plate says something like FYM or FIYM... Not that I would have any idea what that means. I suck at reading signatures.

Bandcamp
Facebook
A quick google reveals James Hetfield used that same model on the St Anger DVD, for the song Some Kind of Monster.
he might of been tricking you, to make a sale. but that doesn't matter if you enjoy the guitar.
There's no reason he would do that, I got it really cheap and in great condition...

Bandcamp
Facebook
yeah, but he added the lies so it seemed like the best bargain of life. you should see my guitar, lol, i gave it some cosmetic changes - that was off topic, sorry.
Quote by Captain Panda
A quick google reveals James Hetfield used that same model on the St Anger DVD, for the song Some Kind of Monster.

Vid/pics? I googled but my google skills are apparently not at the top today...

Bandcamp
Facebook
Don't think it is..

Quote by Them
I bought what I was told was a prototype James Hetfield signature series ltd guitar. It is a seven string with a floyd rose bridge. It has skull and crossbone inlays and is a F-series guitar. The tuners say ESP on the back. It has EMG-HZ pickups. I cannot find any information about this guitar. If anyone had any info on this guitar (value, year made, how many in run, etc...) I would greatly appreciate it. Once I get the info that I am looking for and estimate a price the guitar will probally go up for sale. I was told this is a rare guitar and it must be as I can't find any info on it.
Last edited by ShallowEndings at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by ShallowEndings
Don't think it is.. But they do talk about the H 307

I bought what I was told was a prototype James Hetfield signature series ltd guitar. It is a seven string with a floyd rose bridge. It has skull and crossbone inlays and is a F-series guitar. The tuners say ESP on the back. It has EMG-HZ pickups. I cannot find any information about this guitar. If anyone had any info on this guitar (value, year made, how many in run, etc...) I would greatly appreciate it. Once I get the info that I am looking for and estimate a price the guitar will probally go up for sale. I was told this is a rare guitar and it must be as I can't find any info on it.

Scroll down and read
If it makes you feel better, Het was using one of the H-307s on the "Some Kind of Monster" DVD.
@maggot9779

Take into consideration that I live in Norway, and since we're so much richer than everyone else, everything is equally more expensive here

I got it for about 700 dollars. When it was in production, you could get it new for about 2000 dollars here. I also got it with the Lundgren M7, which is a quite expensive pickup.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Quote by Captain Panda

Don't get me wrong i wasn't saying go away, it just doesn't really help. Especially going off that sig. is there anything near the headstock?

Quote by Dores
@maggot9779

Take into consideration that I live in Norway, and since we're so much richer than everyone else, everything is equally more expensive here

Than i'm more confused. Did he just give it to a fan and it managed to get to your friend?
I have no idea how it got to the guy I got it from. It was probably something like this:

Famous dude -> unknown number of owners -> dude I got it from -> Me.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Quote by Dores
I have no idea how it got to the guy I got it from. It was probably something like this:

Famous dude -> unknown number of owners -> dude I got it from -> Me.

Maybe so.. But with that pic you took there isn't that many scratches that are bad.. Usually after a few owners or a musician you get far more. Or is there more you can't see?
It's pretty banged up on the back, but no other major dings and scratches.

Bandcamp
Facebook
Quote by Rubys
ben moody had a drawing side so might be him

I think this is the most likely because looking at the signature itself, there is definately a capital 'B' and a capital 'M' in there.
Yeah, definitely makes sense, thank you! I've been trying to find vids or pics of Ben using the H307, but haven't really found anything though...

Bandcamp
Facebook
elvis
or jacko
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by Dores
Yeah, definitely makes sense, thank you! I've been trying to find vids or pics of Ben using the H307, but haven't really found anything though...

Try looking for any of his autographs on the net and compare them.

EDIT.

Found one.

The large one on the back of the album cover looks very similar to the one on your guitar.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Oct 4, 2009,