I am wanting to get a cheap, small, good sounding amp to run a Digitech RP500 through. I figure if I get something decent, it will work for me till I'm able to get something tube, then I can just turn the RP500 to "effects pedal mode" and be able to get the tone of my tube amp.

These are some I was considering:

Raven RG20
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Raven-RG20-20W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier?sku=481618

Fender 25R
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-25R-Frontman-Series-II-Guitar-Combo?sku=480669

Crate Flexwave
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-Flexwave-Series-FW15R-15W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481055
93' Mexican Stratocaster

LTD Viper-50 --- Active EMG's

Currently using a cheap crate amp
go for an epiphone valve jr
or
a blackheart little giant

dont compromise for a crap amp, you'll wish you had saved for a better one, seriously.
i own the Raven. I used a RP90 with it and never had a complaint. I don't recomend using the amp's Lead chanel, but I guess you wouldn't need it with the RP500. I don't think the Raven will disapoint.
Blackheart BH5. (Little giant).

Like the other guy said, don't buy a crap amp; you'll just splash out on a better one later.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Anything with an effects loop, then you can just plug your RP90 into the loop return and use the amp like a power amp (bypassing the amp's cheap nasty preamp completely).

Something from the Peavey Transtube series would be perfect. You can pick them up used for dirt cheap.
what is the biggest city close to you?

also: what's wrong with your Peavey classic VT
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Valve Junior is perfect for what you want.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
My Classic VT is gone, I just haven't updated it yet. I traded it for a LTD Viper. Now I'm thinking about selling my strat to get a new amp/amp and effects/something like that.
93' Mexican Stratocaster

LTD Viper-50 --- Active EMG's

Currently using a cheap crate amp
Quote by scott58
Valve Junior is perfect for what you want.

no, it's not. it breaks up too early for what he needs. he needs at least 20 watts for what he wants.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
no, it's not. it breaks up too early for what he needs. he needs at least 20 watts for what he wants.
Well he didn't really say how loud he wants it. I've used my Vjr as a amp for both pedals and FX. It's plenty loud and clean enough for practice at home with an FX box. It wouldn't be my first choice for an amp nowadays unless it was used and a deal, but I wouldn't complain if I had to use one with an RP500. But definitely don't get the combo unless you get a cab too. The combo box and speaker is horribly inadequate.

edit: Looking at the price range, I'd say consider a cheap keyboard amp.
Last edited by fly135 at Oct 4, 2009,