So, I'm trying to remember as much as I can on what I learned about Theory before I decided to take lessons.

I'm not sure if I remember this correctly but starting on the E string right after the B a C comes, right? Like there's no BSharp or CFlat in between?
If it is how I remember it, why exactly does it do that? and is it like that with all the other strings in the same spot?
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
B and C and E and F are half-step intervals instead of whole-step intervals. Because of this, they technically don't have a sharp or flat.

However, a E# is a F, and a Fb is a E.

Or a B# is a C, and a Cb is a B.

They technically exist for the purpose of notation, but they aren't a whole-step interval.

So, for example:

A->A#->B

but

B->C

And not to B#, because B is only a half step to C, but A is a whole step from B.

Hope that helped.
Last edited by itstheman at Oct 4, 2009,
Forget about strings. Music is based upon there being no B# or E#. Think of a piano keyboard. There are gaps where black keys don't go, yes? That's the reason. If you want to get really technical it is because the vibrations of the notes we use have a mathematical relationship to each-other. Some better than others so that combinations give us chords that sound good or dis-chords that sound nasty.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x