Anyone who knows anything, I've got the chance to get a Vintage Les Paul cheap, but it has a bolt on neck.

I've heard that it's not as good as set neck, but will it massively affect the sound or what?

Thanks
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Quote by Eurozeppelin
Anyone who knows anything, I've got the chance to get a Vintage Les Paul cheap, but it has a bolt on neck.

I've heard that it's not as good as set neck, but will it massively affect the sound or what?

Thanks

I don't think Les Paul's ever had a bolt on neck...?
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
yeah, I'm talking about Vintage as in the brand not as in an old les paul. Vintage make copies that have a bolt on neck.

Anyone know?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Supposedly Bolt on affects sustain, I've never encountered this problem on any bolt ons. It's just a myth.

I personally think Bolt ons are superior in playability. If you have a set neck, and the neck breaks, you can't replace the neck. If your neck breaks on a bolt on, it's replaceable.
Avoid! Vintage were pretty poor before Trev Wilkinson got involved. The current ones are really good value, though.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

It won't make any difference. Some people argue that bolt on necks have worse sustain (how long you can hold a note for) but that's just bullcrap. Fender Stratocasters and many other famous guitars are bolt-on. It just means that when the guitar is made, the neck and body are constructed and then the two pieces are bolted together. Set neck is when it's glued together.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Hmm...I've got two conflicting answers - I don't know what to do?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Quote by Eurozeppelin
Hmm...I've got two conflicting answers - I don't know what to do?

Bolt ons do not affect sound. Easily repaired if the neck breaks of you want to exchange the neck for a different shape (warmoth), some people say it's not as comfortable on the higher frets.

Set neck, superior upper fret comfort supposedly, glued on instead of bolted. If it breaks, it isn't replaceable.
The old ones suck ass, but I used the new ones yesterday and I almost died I was so happy