I know this makes me sound like a noob but I'm not. Can you hear a difference between a brass and a bronze strings? because they're two different metals, I don't Know...
Knowing my physics I'd think one of the two would be a higher output, as they would change the magnetic field of the magnets differently.
Go to a guitar shop and ask if they've got both on a guitar and try the two guitars next to each other.
Quote by Toxc
Knowing my physics I'd think one of the two would be a higher output, as they would change the magnetic field of the magnets differently.
Go to a guitar shop and ask if they've got both on a guitar and try the two guitars next to each other.

This probably^ Although it might not be that noticeable.

Can't quite remember off hand what each would sound like but they will have different tones because different materials like to resonate at different frequencies. There's usually something on the pack of strings that tells you how bright or mellow they sound, especially for acoustic guitars.
Last edited by ApeWeevil at Oct 4, 2009,
*reads title*

"So he knows he not a noob?"

*reads*

Yeah they are two different metals so there's gotta be some difference.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by Toxc

I believe your physics may be failing your somewhat, because neither brass nor bronze are magnetic metals. They generally aren't used in electric strings.

Yes, TS, there is a difference. Bronze is much more common. Brass is more susceptible to skin oils, which I'd imagine has made an impact in their popularity.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.