i heard the line 6 uber metal is the best
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
if you get it modded, possibly.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
just set ur eq to
B8
M2
T10
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
i have no idea why anyone would want a pantera sort of tone, they had horrible tone. but if you really do want that sort of sound the the line6 uber metal is the most toneless over the top distortion pedal i've heard
1. Get a EHX Metal Muff
2. Crank Treble
3. Engage Top Boost
4. Scoop the Mids
5. ???
6. Profit.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
Dimebag used solid state Randalls?

If you are a 'big fan', these can be had for a few hundred dollars I'm sure.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Dimebag used solid state Randalls?

If you are a 'big fan', these can be had for a few hundred dollars I'm sure.

he had 300 watt SS heads which we discontinued when he died
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
he had 300 watt SS heads which we discontinued when he died

no, for the fisrt part of his career (CFH, VDP), he used Randall 100 watt Century heads. they can be found for under $300 at pawn shops and small guitar stores.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
no, for the fisrt part of his career (CFH, VDP), he used Randall 100 watt Century heads. they can be found for under $300 at pawn shops and small guitar stores.

fairy snuff

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Urnimin
Would it be easy to get a Pantera tone on a BOSS ML-2?
Yes. As said, keep the middle relatively low and the bass slightly higher, with the treble almost peaking. Don't drive it too high though, it will start to feedback.
What amp are you running the pedal through?
I believe scooped the mids on his amp then boosted them in an EQ, or the other way around. You could try scooping your mids on your amp and boosting them on your ML-2, and if that doesn't work, try the opposite. But really, Dimebag didn't have good tone, I don't know why you'd want it.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

tone is opinion, any good musician good take what is called a bad tone and work it into a song then all the sudden people are trying to replicate that tone
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
Quote by Carrot
fairy snuff

no, it's quite true. i've seen at least two Century 100 heads t my local guitar store go for that. it's just an SS head, albeit a loud one.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
no, it's quite true. i've seen at least two Century 100 heads t my local guitar store go for that. it's just an SS head, albeit a loud one.

im not doubting you, i just wasnt sure what dimebag used prior to his siggy heads

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h

Pedals
Quote by Carrot
im not doubting you, i just wasnt sure what dimebag used prior to his siggy heads

He used Randall RG100 heads from 1981-1996 (early Pantera all the way to Vulgar Display), then he used Randall Century-200II heads up until he got the Warhead after Reinventing the Steel.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
if you get it modded, possibly.
I still think he could pull the tone off, as the MT-2 is really trebly and sounds like a can of bees (which Dimebag sounded like IMO).
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I still think he could pull the tone off, as the MT-2 is really trebly and sounds like a can of bees (which Dimebag sounded like IMO).

Hmmm that comment sounds strange coming from someone with a handle like DIMEBAGLIVEDON.

Also, note that the TS is asking about the ML2... not the MT2. The ML2 just sounds like a group of opera singers with bad sore throats.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Hmmm that comment sounds strange coming from someone with a handle like DIMEBAGLIVEDON.

Also, note that the TS is asking about the ML2... not the MT2. The ML2 just sounds like a group of opera singers with bad sore throats.
I'm not a huge fan of Dime's tone. I like him as a guitar player, though I'm loosing intrest.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I'm not a huge fan of Dime's tone. I like him as a guitar player, though I'm loosing intrest.

Ahhh fair enuff
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by boboguitar
But really, Dimebag didn't have good tone, I don't know why you'd want it.

well, for what he/they were trying to achieve, he had great tone. I personally wouldn't want it but for Panteras sound, it was perfect
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Yes. As said, keep the middle relatively low and the bass slightly higher, with the treble almost peaking. Don't drive it too high though, it will start to feedback.
What amp are you running the pedal through?

Line 6 Spider III
to get the Pantera tone you need to get hold of an electric kazoo
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by mergapoot
i have no idea why anyone would want a pantera sort of tone, they had horrible tone. but if you really do want that sort of sound the the line6 uber metal is the most toneless over the top distortion pedal i've heard

This. Every word of it. If you want **** tone, buy the uber metal and then play Pantera through it.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Wow you guys really hate Pantera. Can't stand the stuff after Dimebag left.
Quote by Urnimin
Line 6 Spider III

New amp. get one now. as it has already been mentioned in this thread, you can pick up the old RG100 or Century 100 heads for under $400.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by mergapoot

tone is subjective.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

tone is subjective.

Only to a certain extent.
Tone is subjective, but most guitarists who aren't butal heavey metal noobs with gain on 15 believe his tone is terrible.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
Tone is subjective, but most guitarists who aren't butal heavey metal noobs with gain on 15 believe his tone is terrible.

Remember, that is what you hear after it got produced. A great studio could make TS's Spider sound good.

LMAO, poor TS
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by GaijinFoot
Only to a certain extent.

nope.

its ALL subjective.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
nope.

its ALL subjective.

I have to agree.

Many guitarists didnt/still dont like Dimebag's tone, but millions of worldwide fans did. I'd be willing to bet that if Dime used Tube heads his whole career, there would be a lot less gutarists that hated it. Its al part of the Tube>SS debate thats been reigning for years now. I dont really care. I like it, how can a metal head not get pumped listening to "Walk" or Suicide Note Pt. I&II", thats the subjectivity.

Totally subjective.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Last edited by Jonny Ryan Mac at Oct 6, 2009,
scooped tone can be used and be good, especially in pantera. the whole point of his tone was to be heavey scooped and a useless amount of gain. it still worked
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Jonny Ryan Mac
I have to agree.

Many guitarists didnt/still dont like Dimebag's tone, but millions of worldwide fans did. I'd be willing to bet that if Dime used Tube heads his whole career, there would be a lot less gutarists that hated it. Its al part of the Tube>SS debate thats been reigning for years now. I dont really care. I like it, how can a metal head not get pumped listening to "Walk" or Suicide Note Pt. I&II", thats the subjectivity.

Totally subjective.

On the other hand, if you was only ever fed **** your whole life and then when you reach you mid twenties someone gives you a steak, you'd be like 'man, is this what good is? then what was that other ****?'

The answer, of course, is ****.
Quote by Urnimin
Line 6 Spider III

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top