What can you guys tell me about the EHX Frequency Analyzer? I've been looking for a ring modulator for a while and it looks pretty kick ass. but I have a few questions:
1) is there a big difference between the classic version (big Box) and the XO version?
2) What are some alternatives? ring modulators don't seem to be very popular amongst the pedal builder community. so far, I've really only seen the Frequency Analyzer, a Moog and the Dan Armstrong Green Ringer. are there any others I should look into?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by JohnIsMyName
Zvex Ringtone if you don't care about price.
EDIT: Demo.

never really been into Zvex pedals. they're constantly overpriced and not really worth it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
*bumpfilzzleblurblebonkfizzlefizzlebonkclang*
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
i too went with moog for ring modulator, the ability to tweak is astronomical. i mean how many other ring modulators let you run your own carrier signal? i didn't find any. the ehx 'freq anal'(gotta patent that) is more like a one sided 'fixed' version of the moog, [imo]with less quality of sound(i have tried it). it is alot easier to find a setting again on the ehx, but moog allows for those wild effect transformations that make ring modulators the $%*# for freaky effects.

so if you know what you want from a ring modulator, and you know the ehx will deliver that sound, and you don't feel like paying the extra cash or learning all the additional controls of the moog; then get the ehx. but if you want lots of flexibility with tons of options and a damn near infinite palette of tone textures(even though you may never find 'that sound' again) then go for the moog.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
The Copilot FX Ring Modulator is good, and it won't break the bank. I believe it has an expression pedal input too, which IMO opens up tons of possibilities in a ring mod.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
agreed with expression pedal. it really allows you to sweep through the huge range on ring mod. i like to use a pedal in for rate and frequency of carrier signal, you can turn ring mods into anything with those controls.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
i'm just looking for a simpler one, one that can get me the tone from "Cheap Sunglasses".
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
In that case, the Frequency Analyzer is a great no-frills ring modulator.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Zvex ringtone...... very strange pedal no?, The frequency An FTW in your case
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/