basically the two of the little clamping block thingamajigs have vanished from the bridge, and iabnez being the awkward gits they are have made it so ONLY there blocks will fit, and theyve also been kind enough to ake these blocks totally unavailable to anyone in the uk

anyone got any ideas or suggestions?
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Quote by sylphin
basically the two of the little clamping block thingamajigs have vanished from the bridge, and iabnez being the awkward gits they are have made it so ONLY there blocks will fit, and theyve also been kind enough to ake these blocks totally unavailable to anyone in the uk

1. Ebay

2. Learn to spell.
omg ebay really?!?! WOW!! id never thought of that before o.0 asshole

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Hey, he was giving you real advice. Ebay is the best source pf miscellaneous parts like these. You could always replace the entire unit.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
You can order replacement parts from ibanez, I'd link you but I'm really lazy tonight.

Quote by bv310
Hey, he was giving you real advice. Ebay is the best source pf miscellaneous parts like these. You could always replace the entire unit.

and this, you can find virtually anything on ebay especially with a part no. You could probably find a replacement mouse wheel for your specific model and brand for your mouse if you wanted to.
Don't be a dick to people trying to help you, I remember when you were abusing everyone who suggested your MG hasn't got the best tone and it would be a good idea to upgrade.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by sylphin

Complain to Ibanez.

You might get free ****.
---------------------------
Main gear
Prs Custom 22
Gibson LP Junior
Marshall DSL 50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12
Trex OD, MXR Super Comp
Korg Pitch Black, MXR Carbon Copy.
PedalTrain 2 (soft case)
Well if you can't order them from Ibanez then ebay is probably your only option? Or buy a whole new bridge.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
as i attempted to state before ive already tried ebay and no luck, ive tried cottam guitars, ive tried just about every parts website on the internet, and ive been told ibanez dont ship parts to the uk.

and wether or not ebay was good advice, making a spelling comment is just pathetic.

in before spelling mistakes are pathetic

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
id replace the edge III with a edge pro tbh

that would be my excuse to do so
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
would the pro fit in the edgeIII routing? ive heard there can be issues with some trems not fitting some routings

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Quote by sylphin
would the pro fit in the edgeIII routing? ive heard there can be issues with some trems not fitting some routings

you could check, but im pretty sure its a direct drop in
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
might check it out then, btw arent those trems like 200 pounds?

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
ah thanks, hmm moneys really hard to come by for me right now so i wouldnt be able to justify spending 200 quid on a bridge for a guitar i bought for 250 new, when it could be fixed with like 3 pounds worth of parts. so im gonna go to my local music shop and see if they can order in parts for me, and if not then i have a backup plan

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Quote by sylphin
as i attempted to state before ive already tried ebay and no luck, ive tried cottam guitars, ive tried just about every parts website on the internet, and ive been told ibanez dont ship parts to the uk.

and wether or not ebay was good advice, making a spelling comment is just pathetic.

in before spelling mistakes are pathetic

If you're going to start Pit memes, this thread's gonna get closed awful quick.

Now, to answer your question, yes an Edge Pro should direct swap with your current Edge III. http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f21/edge3-replacement-tremolo-68062.html

See if a local machine shop can copy 1 of the other clamping blocks. Have em make six then keep the old ones as spares.
Quote by sylphin
reported for flaming.

Quote by sylphin

Things don't just "vanish". Apparently you're as lazy with maintenance as you are about your spelling. Don't satisfy your need to vent your frustration at your own incompetence by taking it out on other users.

Best of luck in your quest for the necessary replacements.

Have a nice day.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by sylphin

Since I'm such an asshole, I'm going to leave you a link for the part you need ON EBAY in the UK. - http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-Lo-Pro-Edge-Trem-String-Block-fits-Jem-JS-RG-S_W0QQitemZ200388406341QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item2ea8146c45&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177
Last edited by Matt420740 at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by Matt420740

Burned, TS.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Matt420740

Follow this asshole's advice or get an OFR (direct drop in).
im not lazy you jackass, my typos fair enough whatever but as for my parts missing i live in a house with a very curious 2 year old foster child, and a brother who has no respect for my possessions! i am extremely careful with my guitars and other things i own because im always broke and can never afford to replace things!

so think before you start posting like you know everything!

edit, and no that is not the part i need the edge III blocks are shaped differently.. good god some of you people think your on another ****ing level!

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Last edited by sylphin at Oct 4, 2009,
Then don't come here for help.

The Ibanezrules website sells replacements for just about everything and they ship internationally.

careful now. you'll end up getting reported. i've gotten it for saying such. as far as the 2 year old. rule number #176 no excuses play like a champion

you might have to import dude, i believe someone posted about a place that has 10 dollar international postage. that's pretty good. that'd be where i'd look.
ive already been bloody reported, so now im going to bite my tongue and keep my opinions of certain members to myself for a while, and i will have a look on ibanez rules, i didnt know they shipped internationally, thanks for the heads up.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Quote by sylphin
you jackass
flaming. Reported again.
Quote by sylphin
ive already been bloody reported,
Yeah, you'd think the first one would have been enough to slow you down. Apparently not.

You really need to learn to curb your frustrations.

Quote by sylphin
i live in a house with a very curious 2 year old foster child, and a brother who has no respect for my possessions!
Is it possible a 2 year old managed to remove properly fastened clamping blocks? Doubtful, but I won't argue the point. Suffice to say, they didn't just "vanish". These parts don't just fall off. Your edge III didn't "totally screw you over". That was accomplished by you or the child.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Whats the point of coming on here and being an ass to everyone that was trying to help you? If you think you are so much better than us, then why come here and ask a question? Just like the guy above me said, they didn't just fall off. Why should we spend our time searching on the internet for a part you ****ed up, when you can't even show the smallest bit of respect to anyone that tries?
i wasnt being an ass to the people trying to help me i was being an ass to the people who were being asses to me, a simple "oh your spellings not so good" would have been enough if he REALLY felt the need to comment, the way he said it was obnoxious, as was the other guy.

things go missing, it doesent have to be anyones fault but yes bits can fall off of things, i could have been changing a string or anything and it could have gone, if you thought that me saying it had vanished was implying it had just randomly been taken by some supernatural force for no reason at all, then your extremely silly.

obviously i know that over the course of time, something i have done, or someone else has done, has caused it to fall off, end of the day they are not there now.

and again that ebay link is to THE WRONG GOD DAMN PART!!

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Reported. Again

The only person who has been obnoxious here is YOU. The only person here flaming other users is YOU.

We try to help you and this is the response we get

Quote by sylphin
again that ebay link is to THE WRONG GOD DAMN PART!!
Last edited by Matt420740 at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by fretsofthebeast
id replace the edge III with a edge pro tbh

that would be my excuse to do so

thats exactly what i am doin
Bloody hell, what are people like.

This whole thread is the type of thing that google is probably better for anyway.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
i had been using google for the past 3 days and found nothing, then decided id come here! and why the hell have i been reported AGAIN!?

i believe im well within my rights to say people are being obnoxious, and yes the first reply to my thread WAS obnoxious there are no two ways about it.

jesus christ get some god damn perspective

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
in fact **** it its obvious this thread has just become a god damn argument, you all think im a twatter and i think the same about most you right now in this particular thread, i stick for myself against someone who made an arsey remark about my typos, and suddenly everyones on my back for being arrogant. when in fact all id done was not allow myself to be subject to snide sarcasm about something unrelated to the topic.

and when i wasnt exactly very polite to the guy who gave me the ebay link to the wrong part, that was because he was the one who was rude in the first place, and then he comes in thinking hes awesome because he thinks he can make me look like an idiot by finding the part i need on ebay, after id already said id searched myself.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995
Quote by sylphin
jesus christ get some god damn perspective
Yes, let's do that right now, shall we?
You came here for help, but flamed the moment you got an answer that didn't suit you.

Quote by sylphin
the first reply to my thread WAS obnoxious there are no two ways about it.
Not really. A bit dismissive, yes. But not obnoxious.
Calling him an asshole was obnoxious. No two ways about THAT.

Quote by FuzzLove
Bloody hell, what are people like.

This whole thread is the type of thing that google is probably better for anyway.
You would think so. But typing in "little clamping block thingamajig" results in this:
No results found for "little clamping block thingamajig".

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by sylphin
in fact **** it its obvious this thread has just become a god damn argument, you all think im a twatter and i think the same about most you right now in this particular thread, i stick for myself against someone who made an arsey remark about my typos, and suddenly everyones on my back for being arrogant. when in fact all id done was not allow myself to be subject to snide sarcasm about something unrelated to the topic.

and when i wasnt exactly very polite to the guy who gave me the ebay link to the wrong part, that was because he was the one who was rude in the first place, and then he comes in thinking hes awesome because he thinks he can make me look like an idiot by finding the part i need on ebay, after id already said id searched myself.

I left you the link, and the spelling remark.

The spelling thing was not meant to be obnoxious, or rude. Nobody wants to read a bunch of garbled bull. At least take the time to spell correctly and explain things. If your from a non english speaking country than its understandable.

I'm sorry the link was not for the right part you need. I was just trying to help you. Is that any reason for you to cuss at me?

That said, there was no excuse for you to call me an asshole, or act the way you have to everyone else throughout this thread.
OR! You could just not buy another Edge III or it's parts and get an OFR, or a decent LFR.
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
to be honest only you and one other guy have been the blunt of my frustration, and i apologise for going off on one at you about the remark on my spelling, to me it sounded like you were just trying to be arrogant and snooty towards me.

i do try to take the time to correct my spelling errors, but i am using my dads crappy ass keyboard, with sticky damn keys, and have severe bruising of the nervous system in my left hand and wrist, making typing accuratley, and playing guitar, and just about everything else that involves the use of my hand difficult.

so there i apologise for the way i acted, but i still stand by the fact that they way you spoke to me seemed a bit arsey.

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

Quote by Morrie2995