Hi guys. I've found this guitar on ebay for a low price. I just wondered if anyone knew much about it, as it seems to me from reading reviews that it is a kind of beginners guitar. I have been playing for just over 2 years, mainly acoustic stuff, but i do have a wolf electric that cost me £99 second hand almost a year ago. The wolf was just what i needed at the time, but it had been quite heavily used and is showing signes of wear + tear. So is the ibanez (defo in better condition and a more renowned make) gonna be a good buy, cos its very low price atm (i wont link to it in case any1 tries to outbid me!)? Oh, and i know its quite an entry level guitar, but if i spent a bit of cash on it (pickups etc) would it be gig worthy, or is it too cheap to get a decent sound? cheers guys

PS i have a Laney Linebacker 65 reverb amp, and play various types of music but mostly rock, kind of libertines / babyshambles style.
Learn how to type

And no, upgrading that guitar would be a waste of money, since for the price it cost to upgrade it you could get a better overall guitar.
Quote by darkcheef

And no, upgrading that guitar would be a waste of money, since for the price it cost to upgrade it you could get a better overall guitar.

+1
ok, so a squier of some kind for £200 or so would turn out to be a better buy? sorry about the typing
Quote by darkcheef
These are better than the squiers that are £200

http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html

i saw a vintage electric in my local guitar shop yesterday, LP style looked nice.

oh, and does anyone know where the serial number is on a squire strat? im looking at one on ebay and want to question the seller about it, but he seems to know little about guitars so i thought i should tell him where to look. cheers
Quote by xisforxylophone
i saw a vintage electric in my local guitar shop yesterday, LP style looked nice.

oh, and does anyone know where the serial number is on a squire strat? im looking at one on ebay and want to question the seller about it, but he seems to know little about guitars so i thought i should tell him where to look. cheers

It depends which squier strat model it is.
Quote by darkcheef
It depends which squier strat model it is.

aaah. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=250506803911 thats the best pic, i have no idea about the model. seller reckons he paid £250 for it new, but i'm a bit worried it came as part of a package, do squire do that? Anyone know what model it is? Ive heard to stay the hell away from bullet strats.