what pickup should i put in my epiphone les paul (bridge position)

i play punk rock

plz dont say p90 it doesnt look good if u only have one evn though its the best pickup on earth just name others

thnx
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
any kind of dimarzio high output pickup like a d-sonic or something. or an emg, they sound really good in a LP especially for punk
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
None. You'd just be wasting your money, no point bothering until you have a decent amp and the Epi special isn't really worth upgrading anyway.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by CemetaryGates90
any kind of dimarzio high output pickup like a d-sonic or something. or an emg, they sound really good in a LP especially for punk

arent emgs a bit more metal and can u link me a good dimarzio?
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Dude its not about the looks its about what sounds the best. P-90s rock? Then put one in. But imho you need a better amp first
dont use emg's for punk.use the SD invader or a dimarzio super distortion or cruchlab or d activator
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
heres the d sonic
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-DP207-D-Sonic-Pickup?sku=309370

and yea, emgs are more metal, and so is that pickup, but punk is all about power chords. and nothing gives a thicker power chord then an EMG in a LP if you ask me.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
i am gonna get a vox vt30 so dw worry bout the amp
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by jinjan29
Dude its not about the looks its about what sounds the best. P-90s rock? Then put one in. But imho you need a better amp first

i am gonna get a vox vt30 next year also i dnt think p90's fit in standered humbucker slots or do they?
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by steven seagull
None. You'd just be wasting your money, no point bothering until you have a decent amp and the Epi special isn't really worth upgrading anyway.

i am gonna get a vox vt30 next year and y isnt the epiphone worth upgrading?
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
There's the old saying "You can't polish poop". It's really not worth it. You should probably get a better guitar first.
Quote by greendayispunk
i am gonna get a vox vt30 next year also i dnt think p90's fit in standered humbucker slots or do they?

You could get many P-90's that fit into humbucker routes.
Quote by darkcheef
You could get many P-90's that fit into humbucker routes.

but they are nt the real thing :S
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by greendayispunk
but they are nt the real thing :S

They are, all they are is a real P-90 just in a humbucker case.
Quote by darkcheef

ill consider it thanks fr the help
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by darkcheef

just say some reviews the siad they dnt sound like vintage p-90's have u evr used em?
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by greendayispunk
just say some reviews the siad they dnt sound like vintage p-90's have u evr used em?

There are alot of differently voiced P-90s, you could have a high gain one or one that is a classic crunchy one. And yes I used them alot since my cousin owns a P-90 that fits in a humbucker slot, he has a GFS Dream 90 and it sounds exactly like vintage voiced p-90s.
Quote by darkcheef
he has a GFS Dream 90 and it sounds exactly like vintage voiced p-90s.
No it won't. You clearly have no idea what a true original P-90 sounds like because it's physically not possible for a humbucker-sized P-90 to replicate the tone. It's just like P-90-sized humbuckers can't replicate the same tone of the humbucker they are supposed to be, nor can singlecoil-sized humbuckers replicate the tone of a full humbucker. The sheer dimension differences causes a difference in tone and responsiveness that is not possible to overcome, unless you have the ability to bend space and time and manipulate physics to your will. Which you don't.

Anyway, there is no need to change pickups, nor is there any such thing as a pickup that's particularly good for punk rock. Common punk tones come from getting an all-valve amp and cranking it, typically with a stock guitar off the shelf that could be nearly any model. You don't need high output pickups - they're for driving an already cranked high-gain amp extra hard - nor do you need any particular voicing or type of pickup. Especially with your current guitar and your amp situation, changing pickups will just be throwing money away.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
No it won't. You clearly have no idea what a true original P-90 sounds like because it's physically not possible for a humbucker-sized P-90 to replicate the tone. It's just like P-90-sized humbuckers can't replicate the same tone of the humbucker they are supposed to be, nor can singlecoil-sized humbuckers replicate the tone of a full humbucker. The sheer dimension differences causes a difference in tone and responsiveness that is not possible to overcome, unless you have the ability to bend space and time and manipulate physics to your will. Which you don't.

Anyway, there is no need to change pickups, nor is there any such thing as a pickup that's particularly good for punk rock. Common punk tones come from getting an all-valve amp and cranking it, typically with a stock guitar off the shelf that could be nearly any model. You don't need high output pickups - they're for driving an already cranked high-gain amp extra hard - nor do you need any particular voicing or type of pickup. Especially with your current guitar and your amp situation, changing pickups will just be throwing money away.

Ok genus, what I heard was definitely BS and can only be done if I bend time and space Get over yourself.
Quote by MrFlibble

wow u blew my mind
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
I agree with you that Green Day is awesome! But I also agree with MrFlibble that buying a new pickup is just a waste of money unless if you're a tone fanatic. A new amplifier would have a much larger impact on your sound. But anyway, since I don't think your Epiphone Les Paul Special 2 has an archtop (correct me if I'm wrong) and it has a basswood body, I would choose a Dimarzio Super Distortion or a Seymour Duncan Invader (SH-8). Good luck finding a suitable pickup.
Last edited by avery5150 at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by avery5150
I agree with you that Green Day is awesome! Since I don't think it has an archtop (correct me if I'm wrong) and it has a basswood body, I would choose a Dimarzio Super Distortion or a Seymour Duncan Invader (SH-8). Good luck finding a suitable pickup.

thnx alot dude =)
Gear:
-Peavey Valveking 112
DON'T GET AN INVADER!

For the love of god no. Especially not for an Epi Special II. You would be far better served by saving the £70 or w/e it costs and putting that to a new guitar. Since the pickup would cost nearly as much as the guitar.

New amp, new guitar THEN consider some pickups if you still think your tone needs something. Otherwise you're just burning money.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by greendayispunk
Reading your posts, I assure you that when you install them you will have no clue what they're supposed to sound like.
Quote by al112987
Reading your posts, I assure you that when you install them you will have no clue what they're supposed to sound like.
I have renewed respect for you. Hilariously harsh.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.