yeah, active pickups run on 9v batteries. They can last over a month as long as you don't keep your guitar plugged in 24/7. it's really not that crazy or that big of a deal. don't worry about it.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by gucio93
yeah, active pickups run on 9v batteries. They can last over a month as long as you don't keep your guitar plugged in 24/7. it's really not that crazy or that big of a deal. don't worry about it.
I leave my guitar plugged in (usually not with the volume pot turned on though) 24/7, and I've only changed my battery three times since May 2008...?
^ Actives have a built in preamp, which amplifies the sound before it goes through the rest of the line. Passives do not.

(Disclaimer: I'm not sure if that's correct, so if it isn't, I'm not held accountable)
Quote by Pat_s1t
I leave my guitar plugged in (usually not with the volume pot turned on though) 24/7, and I've only changed my battery three times since May 2008...?

Your lucky then, my friend did that and had to change his battery in about 2 weeks. But now he learned and the batteries last about a year.
Quote by SquierLolz
active emg's need battery's

Yes.

Active EMGs need batteries.

Quote by GuitarManiac110
And can I buy these batteries from normal shop?

its a regular 9v battery. you know, the ones that you test with your tongue.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by GuitarManiac110
And can I buy these batteries from normal shop?

Any 9v that you can find in the nearest corner store, super market. Many brands to choose but I choose the ol' copper top.
Yes. A 9V. I don't know if you remember that part.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Hey... same thing happened to my brother the other day. He called me worrying about his guitar, said he might bring it into the shop because the input was probably broken. Then I asked him to flip his guitar over and tell me how many compartments there was to unscrew. Then I told him he had active pick ups haha. He was so close to bringing it into the shop... that would have been REALLY embarassing.
GEAR:
SCHECTER LOOMIS FR
LTD EC-1000
LTD DV-200
Quote by darkcheef
Your lucky then, my friend did that and had to change his battery in about 2 weeks. But now he learned and the batteries last about a year.

Nah, your friend is just unlucky. Someone explained it all with the technical stuff in a post that I can't find.

But even a guitar that's left plugged in 24/7 should last around 6 months.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
A 9V battery powering a set of EMG's lasts 3000 hours = 125 days = 4 months. When plugged in permanently, that is.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by GuitarManiac110
Sorry for being such a dumbass

no worrys everyone who takes the mic on here is a retard, we all gotta start somewhere