My guitar has begun to go out of tune on its own for the three top strings. i think humidity caused it. so this might seem like a stupid question, but will i be able to fix this by simply tightening the screws on my machine heads? or what can i do about this exactly? it's really annoying. they go out of tune so fast. i can't even play a full song without them detuning, but they don't change so fast that i can clearly hear them going down.

I'm not sure if the machine heads themselves are actually turning though, i don't think they are, but i didn't test this theory out properly.

any help would be greatly appreciated, this detuning business is killing me.
If humidity caused damage then you need to address that issue before anything else.

It could also be that your strings are too old and need to be changed.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
what would the damage be, and how could i address it?

I'm not sure if that's it though.

it could be old strings but i don't think so because i seem to recall thinking changing my strings last time would fix it.
Check the link in my signature. It addresses humidity issues.

Anyway, the best thing to do it just to take it into a store to check for problems. It's very hard to diagnose problems without actually seeing it.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I would take it to the pro,s, you might make a simple problem huge , ican,t see them charging alot.