I was looking in the Guitar Customizing thread, and seen a guitar that had pages ripped out of a book, and glazed onto the guitar.

Im not sure on how to do this, so does anyone have any thoughts? I want to get as close to this as possible. Its one of the coolest looks on a guitar that Ive seen in a while.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
My cousin was customizing a Strat and had the primer on. It was still wet and he was painting outside with newspaper underneath. It was a windy day, and the newspaper ended up blowing onto the wet paint, and when he peeled it off, the newsprint was still on it (albeit it, in reverse...but it still looked cool)

So, he kept it and decided to do his whole guitar like that. Discovered a cool design by accident.
Quote by JuiceStain
My cousin was customizing a Strat and had the primer on. It was still wet and he was painting outside with newspaper underneath. It was a windy day, and the newspaper ended up blowing onto the wet paint, and when he peeled it off, the newsprint was still on it (albeit it, in reverse...but it still looked cool)

So, he kept it and decided to do his whole guitar like that. Discovered a cool design by accident.

my guess would be, based on that, you should probably scan the pages, reverse them, print them out again, and lay them on top of the primer
I think there is a tutorial for this in the Guitar Painting Thread... Too lazy to find it though.
Quote by savage94
put the guitar in a big bin and light a yellow smoke bomb at the bottom and put the lid on. i think it should work.
Why don't you PM the guy? IIRC, he layered the pages of Dante's Inferno, then clear epoxied them on. You could probably do it with white glue, water, and time. Just like Papier Maché, but then you clear lacquer over it.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
I think he glued the pages on and then clearcoated. It also looks like he used a tinted lacquer over that because the edges have a brownish burst.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___