hi. i don't really use this forum much so im sorry if i have put this thread in the wrong place or something...

Anyways. Today i tried out these two amps. I ended up buying the Marshall but now im not sure if i made the right choice. Id like to get some good sounds to play music from bands like slipknot, killswitch, system, and lamb of god.

Which would you say is best suited for this type of music?
you should have went with the vypyr...
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
WTF???

you should buy the Peavey
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
the thing that put me off the peavey when i played it was the amount of effects. the ones the guy showed me in the shop weren't so much to my taste. but after this i think il ring em up tommorrow and ask for a swap lol. thanks
There's nothing wrong with effects, in fact they're good because you'll have the versatility to use them when you need them.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

what shop you go to?

and you should NEVER EVER listen to the employees
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
PMT. the guy who sold me it was good. the first one he showed me was the vyper
if you ever ask UG for help between an MG and something else, the answer will almost always be the "something else"
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
what shop you go to?

and you should NEVER EVER listen to the employees

That's only if you go to a crappy store like Guitar Center or a pawn shop. If the people at the store know their stuff, then you listen to them. In fact, every time I've been to my local store, they know what they're talking about with gear.
i mean for the Large chain store like GC,SA
but in some smaller shop,they also try to sell MG and spider asfast as they can
Quote by angusfan16
Quote by O.O Meow O.O

sam ash has guys who knows their stuff.
feel free to add me
im talking about majority...
Quote by angusfan16
Quote by O.O Meow O.O

I don't think my local store even stocks Marshall or Line 6 amps.
The Peavey is good but the Marshall MG has crushing overdrive. *sarcasm*
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by Alex Vik
I don't think my local store even stocks Marshall or Line 6 amps.

+1

my local store only has 2 Fender Twins, a 5150, Cubes a couple of Bass amps and an early Dual rec.
feel free to add me
ok well what il do is ring the shop up tomorrow and ask to change it over. Shouldn't have a problem since i got the receipt and packaging still.

ok then, thanks all. youve been a good help
pic?
Quote by angusfan16
Did you get the new MG?
If you proffered that one, do not listen to UG... It's your opinion.
I guarantee that only about 5% of the people here have actually heard the new MG.
I haven't played it, but it sounds 10x better than the old MG, personally, I think it's better than the Vypyr.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Did you get the new MG?
If you proffered that one, do not listen to UG... It's your opinion.
I guarantee that only about 5% of the people here have actually heard the new MG.
I haven't played it, but it sounds 10x better than the old MG, personally, I think it's better than the Vypyr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72xuDFravT0

it sounds significantly better than the old mg.

It just comes down to which one suits you best.
YEAH! ಠ_ಠ
Rob can make everything sound good,even spider series
Quote by angusfan16