it's a Peavey Classic 212 VT 100 watt all tube amp. it has two 6L6 tubes, two 12 inch speakers, onboard reverb, two channels, and a phaser. he only wants 100 bucks and i figure it's worth it to get that warm tube sound. its also missing the front grill.

Should i buy it?
Yes. Jump on that, boyo

I used to have one like it - lovely cleans, nice crunch.
Last edited by blue_strat at Oct 4, 2009,
Take it.

NAO
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
geez,you must be crazy to ask that
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
It is a hybrid just so you know...

this was my reason for hesitation. just for some infoi play a c-1 elite through an original crybaby a boss overdrive and a ce-3. as well as my friends mxr distortion. i play literally everything like blues jazz metal and some classic rock. i also have a strat copy and an acoustic electric ibanez that i use a little.
i would still go for it

100w for $100 was a great price
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Jump on that ****, boy!
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
It is a hybrid just so you know...

Your aware that most of the "tube sound" comes from a tube poweramp?
So SS preamp into tube poweramp sounds almost as good as an all tube amp.
That said, DOITNAO!
If you're still here, waiting for replies, go crawl in a hole in die.

GETTHEAMPNAO
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken
Quote by Wolfgangvanroth
it's a Peavey Classic 212 VT 100 watt all tube amp. it has two 6L6 tubes, two 12 inch speakers, onboard reverb, two channels, and a phaser. he only wants 100 bucks and i figure it's worth it to get that warm tube sound. its also missing the front grill.

Should i buy it?

how can you get 100 watts out of 2 6l6s?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
2 6l6 get you 50W maxed

am i missing anything?
Quote by angusfan16
Get it and if you dont like it just get it a grill and put it up on ebay for like 300
Quote by WantsLesPaul
I get such a big rush from downloading torrents that I just have to cum all over my face right at that moment.
Quote by customisbetter
yes. you have two tubes sitting in your hand with no amplifier.

you have to take the design of the amp in to consideration.

I reference JJ's datasheet:

http://www.jj-electronic.com/pdf/6L6%20GC.pdf

Note the line that is labeled "Wa" under "pentode". That is the maximum power a single tube can run through it w/o death. Now, if you had the amp running perfectly Class B, running max voltage and max current with an ideal output transformer, you get 60 watts. In the real world, it's more like 50.

It doesn't matter what the circuit is, you will never get more than 60 watts out of a pair (at least, not for long), with 50 being a more realistic expectation.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
it ended up being 50 watts im not sure why he told me 100. but its a friend through a friend thing, so i told the guy i'd buy it and throughout the week im gonna pick it up. he told me he wont sellit to anyone else. this might be the greatest month of my life. i also just got a schecter c-1 elite with an amber figured maple top with a SD JB in the bridge with a gibson hardshell case for 300 all together
Quote by Wolfgangvanroth
it ended up being 50 watts im not sure why he told me 100. but its a friend through a friend thing, so i told the guy i'd buy it and throughout the week im gonna pick it up. he told me he wont sellit to anyone else. this might be the greatest month of my life. i also just got a schecter c-1 elite with an amber figured maple top with a SD JB in the bridge with a gibson hardshell case for 300 all together

50 watts makes more sense. Glad ot hear you keep running into things like that, sweet!
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Wow
Do you have pics of all the stuff? (guitar, case, amp)
Congrats!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by DLrocket89
I reference JJ's datasheet:

http://www.jj-electronic.com/pdf/6L6%20GC.pdf

Note the line that is labeled "Wa" under "pentode". That is the maximum power a single tube can run through it w/o death. Now, if you had the amp running perfectly Class B, running max voltage and max current with an ideal output transformer, you get 60 watts. In the real world, it's more like 50.

It doesn't matter what the circuit is, you will never get more than 60 watts out of a pair (at least, not for long), with 50 being a more realistic expectation.

Iv been taught.
Wow, the guitar looks great!

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.