hey i was tapping with my new fuzz pedal and it sounds mega-weak, it sounds better clean! it sounds great other than this. can anyone explain this? i can get a decent, barely acceptable sound when i slam the crap out of the notes! thanks a million!
Last edited by cannerwrestling at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by cannerwrestling
its the danelectro cool cat fuzz

I've never heard of anyone tapping with a fuzz pedal before, I'm sure its done. But the more gain on hand the better tapping usually sounds.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but fuzz is fuzz, not gain. It replicates holes in your speakercone...
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
yeah i just was checking how it sounded, i was bored haha. I was curious if my technique was off or if anyone else noticed a similar problem. thanks for the responses!
Quote by cannerwrestling
yeah i just was checking how it sounded, i was bored haha. I was curious if my technique was off or if anyone else noticed a similar problem. thanks for the responses!

Na its probably not your technique. Fuzz pedals aren't know for their clarity, and thats something you want when tapping. Its hard to get a good sound out of a fuzz pedal, unless your in a situation that calls for one.
Try adding a clean boost before the fuzz...

Back in the day they had to drive any onboard amp effects with tubes, most of the time it was a low gain tube, so as not to add more distortion... So I imagine it might help you out here.

James
Quote by Matt420740
Na its probably not your technique. Fuzz pedals aren't know for their clarity, and thats something you want when tapping. Its hard to get a good sound out of a fuzz pedal, unless your in a situation that calls for one.

thank goodness i was hoping i wasn't getting that sloppy haha
Quote by IronFeliks
Try adding a clean boost before the fuzz...

Back in the day they had to drive any onboard amp effects with tubes, most of the time it was a low gain tube, so as not to add more distortion... So I imagine it might help you out here.

James

thanks james good stuff im newer to fuzz im used to the modern high gain stuff but started dabbling in things outside.