Hi again UG,

I am saving for a new guitar now and have been looking for a guitar with passive pick ups and a fixed bridge. I enjoy playing metal with songs by Trivium, Lamb of God, Bullet etc. and am currently playing through a Peavey Vyvpr 30.

I came across the Jackson DK2T, which I really like the look of and has what I am looking for in a guitar, but have also seen the Jackson DKMGT.

I know that the DKMGT has active pick ups and would not be very good on my current Peavey, but I thought that after a couple of months (or however long it takes to save up) I would buy a Peavey Valveking 112 which I think would suit the guitar more.

So would the Jackson DKMGT be a good purchase condidering that I would be buying a ValveKing 112 in the near future. Or would it be better to just buy a DK2T and not bother with a new amp? Also, what guitar has a higher quality? The DK2T or the DKMGT?

Thank You
Last edited by Lr-Mtb at Oct 4, 2009,
I would suggest getting a new amp first, but if you insist on getting a guitar, get the DKMGT with actives.
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Thanks for that, I do understand why you are saying to buy the Amp first, but for a couple of reasons, I will need to get the guitar first.
Reasons for the DKMGT over the DK2T?
Thanks again
Just an alternative thought. Have a look at a T.C. Ellis Mantis (there's a youtube demo) and you may be pleasantly shocked.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Last edited by Lurcher at Oct 4, 2009,
Thanks, I'll have a look at it. Does anybody else have any comments or suggestions?
Just for some info, active pickups sound perfectly fine on a *good* solid state amp.

I have EMGs in my LTD and I have a Peavey Vypyr 75.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Would you class the Peavey Vypyr 30W I have as *good* amp? I'm sure I could find some good tones with it. And if i'm happy with the sound I won't upgrade my amp, but I can't really say until I actually choose and buy a guitar.
Quote by Lr-Mtb
Would you class the Peavey Vypyr 30W I have as *good* amp? I'm sure I could find some good tones with it. And if i'm happy with the sound I won't upgrade my amp, but I can't really say until I actually choose and buy a guitar.

Well, I would guess the 30 and the 75 have similar electronics, so maybe.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Ok then. It looks like I will be going for the DKMGT if I can get the money in time, or the DK2T if not.

Are the only real differences between them the pickups, inlays and headstock?