Hey,

It's on the music player of my myspace "By Mistake". I composed the song and am playing all instruments on it. I'll crit your stuff if you let me know what you think!

myspace.com/rosscooperband

Thanks!
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

I should go easy on you, given you're only 14, however I noticed you were also advertising yourself for session work on your myspace page.
This is not a song. It's a recording of you noodling around on keys. The ideas in it are (at best) saved for a complete song and I'd suggest using these ideas for no more than a minute.
Aside from this, very boring. A waste of time if you ask me.
Yeah, I would have to agree with piop, it just sounded like you where messing around with keys. But thats ok, how else do we learn? We learn by messing around with notes. If you added more to it other than panio then mabey it would be more interesting to listen too.

Crit my improv?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210605
Quote by piop
I should go easy on you, given you're only 14, however I noticed you were also advertising yourself for session work on your myspace page.
This is not a song. It's a recording of you noodling around on keys. The ideas in it are (at best) saved for a complete song and I'd suggest using these ideas for no more than a minute.
Aside from this, very boring. A waste of time if you ask me.

Thanks for the honesty, but noodling? Really? Can you give me an example of some of your music that you would consider a "song"? Help me out so I don't waste my time in the future.

What's your definition of a song? The "song" I asked you crit has a defined structure, an obvious melody and it goes somewhere towards the end. I apologize if it's boring and you don't like it, but to right it off as just a noodle I don't agree with.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Quote by ethan_hanus
Yeah, I would have to agree with piop, it just sounded like you where messing around with keys. But thats ok, how else do we learn? We learn by messing around with notes. If you added more to it other than panio then mabey it would be more interesting to listen too.

Crit my improv?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210605

The playing was good, but I didn't care for the tone too much. I think it could use more presence and cut. Thanks for taking the time to check out my stuff and to listen to it all the way through.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Last edited by LP51122 at Oct 4, 2009,
Quote by LP51122
Thanks for the honesty, but noodling? Really? Can you give me an example of some of your music that you would consider a "song"? Help me out so I don't waste my time in the future.

What's your definition of a song? The "song" I asked you crit has a defined structure, an obvious melody and it goes somewhere towards the end. I apologize if it's boring and you don't like it, but to right it off as just a noodle I don't agree with.

To be quite honest, I'm sorry if you think it's a song. It DOESN'T go anywhere; there are about 2 instruments iirc (the organ sounding dreadful also). It sounds like you are recording your noodling around - spewing onto the hard disc as it were.

I'm glad to see you've taken it down because it sounded like you were practising playing piano. Btw, you can't sing either.
Quote by piop
To be quite honest, I'm sorry if you think it's a song. It DOESN'T go anywhere; there are about 2 instruments iirc (the organ sounding dreadful also). It sounds like you are recording your noodling around - spewing onto the hard disc as it were.

I'm glad to see you've taken it down because it sounded like you were practising playing piano. Btw, you can't sing either.

Ok, thanks for explaining, super star. It's funny to me how you try to put yourself above me by saying that you are sorry if I think it's a song, as if I need your pity. I don't have the materials to make a full recording ie. drums, bass, etc so I'm sorry for the lack of instruments.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing your music whenever you put it out there for people to hear
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Last edited by LP51122 at Oct 4, 2009,
Wow you seriously think you're good don't you? You are an adequate guitarist. Nothing special. But you aren't a composer yet.
I'm too busy gigging at the moment to get into the studio. Listen, go get some experience under your belt and I'm sure it'll work out ok. YOu're just not there yet.