The tremolo bar on an RG isn't screwed into anything, you just stick it into the hole about an inch. whenever I use it in any significant manner it wiggles out and ends up on the floor in a few seconds. Is there some fix for this or an alternative bar that will fit this guitar and not cause this problem?
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
I play a Jackson DK-2 and an Ibanez RG through a Peavey 6505+ stack
id like to know the answer to this too, mine is the same and if I lean forwards to change a pedal on the floor or something it just slides out :/ It is ver annoying
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Yeah, there's really nothing at all holding it in there. You'd think for the price these things cost they'd address that, it's sort of a vital component. I love everything else about this guitar though so I stick with it.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
You have to increase the torque. Lol. You should have been given an assortment of allen keys when you bought the guitar.
In effect, perform a divebomb and hold it there. Then look up and into the gap where you should see a small hole in line with the tremolo bar. Then select a suitably sized allen key and tighten it up (with the bar already in). It will eventually losen as you use it. When this happens simply repeat the above.

Edit: Oh and experiment with the tightness. You may want to be able to move it out the way quickly or you may want it to stick dead in its place. This is up to you.

Edit 2: This is what you're looking for: http://resources.ibanez.com/resourceservicehost/images/Ibanez/web/insets/zoom/edgeIII_torque_and_height.jpg
Last edited by piop at Oct 4, 2009,
Thanks a ton. I never would have found that in a million years without your advice.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
The book that comes with the guitar explains how to fix this and many other issues that people have with their guitars.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Last edited by srob7001 at Oct 5, 2009,
Thanks so much! I was adjusting the whammy height by mistake and was wondering why it still kept falling out
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
You might want to try and put the arm height back to what it was then. Unless you're happier with your current height that is.
I actually had to wrap a gatorade bottle wrapper around the tip of my bar for it to stay in, and for me to flutter good.
Quote by TatarSalad2
I actually had to wrap a gatorade bottle wrapper around the tip of my bar for it to stay in, and for me to flutter good.

And I bet you don't have to re-adjust much! Sometimes the random, not-so-right fixes that people come up with are pure genious.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by srob7001
The book that comes with the guitar explains how to fix this and many other issues that people have with their guitars.

+1

rtfmftw
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Except for when your guitar doesn't come with a book.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
Quote by AndyR83
Except for when your guitar doesn't come with a book.

I've never known a guitar to come with a book...or its own allen keys...and I have 8 different guitars.

I didn't realise that there was a tightening thing untill I took it apart to replace it with a different bar (one with its own locking mechanism).

...but yeh, if my guitar had come with a book it would have been so much simpler
I got the allen wrenches with two of my guitars, and have never gotten a book with anything but my amp.
Andy Fox
Hard rock guitarist
Not to worry though, you've got UG for any guitar troubles you have
Well, if it doesn't have the book, you obviously have internet since you are on UG, so you could easily look on the guitar manufacture's web site and it will tell you how to make adjustment to there products.

Really? Never gotten a book? You guys should really ask for those and the allen keys when you buy a guitar. They are pretty crucial to have if you plan on setting the guitar up to your liking.

They tried skimpping me on a whammy bar once at GC when I was gonna buy a guitar and I walked out the door and went to Sam Ash instead. You need to know what should be coming with your guitar when you go to make a purchase.

Buying used, I can understand not having book or keys.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Yeah, I got little maintenance booklets and allen keys with all my new guitars.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Absinthe750mL
thats what u get for buying an ibanez...tsk tsk tsk

I got keys and manual with my Ibanez...