Page 1 of 2
Anyone got some ideas for a Metallica song to learn that is mostly distortion because I don't have a pedal. Thanks for any suggestions, but please don't suggest Enter Sandman because I already know that song.
wow......just wow.
surely u could just u know listen to some songs by metallica
all of them
i always come to UG for a tab, but get sucked into the pit

[SoWrongItsMatt]Have you tried, "Sex on fire?"

[[x]Huffy[x]]Either way I'm gonna be too stoned to care.

what he said.^

i love qotsa

mymusic
enjoy it.
none of them. Go learn to play real music.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
Master of Puppets
Guitars
'89 RG-550
'92 Talman
'08 Les Paul Studio
Parkwood PW320M
Schecter Stiletto Custom 4

Amps
Fender Blues Junior
Kingston Halfstack
Blackheart Little Giant
Acoustic B20

And way too many effects.
my apocalypse
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
I don't care if you play metallica, but Look around the tab talk forum.
Open your choices up and play anything interesting.
Don't limit yourself to Metallica.
Quote by Shirate

who ever that is, doesn't have ears.

Master of puppets.
Quote by Shirate

Blow it out your ass.

To TS, just pick one you like and go for it.

Seek & Destroy was the first one I learned (minus the solo because I'm not that good). Its pretty simple.
if you want a decent palm muting excercise, play the intro to "Disposable Heroes"

|-0--0-0-0--0--|-0--0--0-0-0-0-|

if you arent good at PMing, then play it like D--D-U-D--U--D--U--D-U-D-U
(D=down U=up) and once you get better, go like D--D-U-D--D--D--D--D-U-D-U

try it on the 4th and 5th strings too so you can get used to not just doing fast PMs on the low E.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Last edited by SYLrules88 at Oct 4, 2009,
Try Jump in the Fire, it is pretty easy for beginners (exluding the solos), and is very fun to play.
Am I Evil?
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
I'm trying to learn Harvester of Sorrow, but the main riff is killing me, stuffing all those power chords changes into such a short period. Heh. I jsut keep practicing slow. Someday it will click!
Quote by Commodor 64
I'm trying to learn Harvester of Sorrow, but the main riff is killing me, stuffing all those power chords changes into such a short period. Heh. I jsut keep practicing slow. Someday it will click!

I learned that riff in about 5 minutes
Yeah, I fear that I may be a slow learner or something. What can I say?

I'm talking about this part:

||--------------------------------|--------------------------------|| 
||--------------------------------|--------------------------------|| 
||o-------------------------------|-------------------------------o||
||o---------------------4\3-------|---------------------4\3-------o||
||--2--2-2-2--2-2-5\4---2\1---5\3-|-3--3-3-3--3---5\4---2\1---5\4--|| 
||--0--0-0-0--0-0-3\2-0-----0-3\2-|-1--1-1-1--1-0-3\2-0-----0-3\2--||
   PM............|   PM    PM       PM...........|   PM    PM

My fingers just don't move that fast yet.
Last edited by Commodor 64 at Oct 10, 2009,
Quote by mnf50
who ever that is, doesn't have ears.

Master of puppets.

well he does have eminem as his avatar... *ties a noose at just the mention of the name*
Quote by shredder408
well he does have eminem as his avatar... *ties a noose at just the mention of the name*

I like Eminem

Are you one of those people who put I am the 2% who hates rap, but then whenever someone says something bad about metal you go overboard?
Quote by darkcheef
I like Eminem

Are you one of those people who put I am the 2% who hates rap, but then whenever someone says something bad about metal you go overboard?

im one of those people that respects all types of music, but don't expect me to like it or listen to it. I do have to admitt though, metal is the least accepted and most condemed type of music there is, so it does kinda **** me when people beat up on it all the time.

(PS - i dont consider pop to be music; its a computer, a song writer and a face to put an image on the song)
Quote by Shirate

i dont even know how one would respond to just a terrible statement.

OT-learn whichever ones, they're all good really IMO. maybe and justice for all.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by shredder408
im one of those people that respects all types of music, but don't expect me to like it or listen to it. I do have to admitt though, metal is the least accepted and most condemed type of music there is, so it does kinda **** me when people beat up on it all the time.

(PS - i dont consider pop to be music; its a computer, a song writer and a face to put an image on the song)
I thought it was the opposite
Quote by shredder408

Not really now

My principal is a old asshole southerner, but he listens to black sabbath. If anything, jazz is the least accepted music (especially around UG)
Quote by darkcheef
Not really now

My principal is a old asshole southerner, but he listens to black sabbath. If anything, jazz is the least accepted music (especially around UG)
A lot of good musicians incorporate jazz styles into contemporary music
Quote by darkcheef
Not really now

hmm well i meant in society in general. Its getting better, but still how often do u hear metal at say a shopping centre or on TV or at sporting events for example? u get some, but not that much. Anything heavier than metallica is unheard of, and even metallica being probly the biggest real metal band ever isn't heard that often. (not to mention when you do its always fade to black or the unforgiven).

jazz is the least liked however, but it doesn't have the same dislike as metal if that makes sense. Like if i went into a shopping centre and say parkway drive was playing, everybody would be like ''turn that f-ing emo crap off" whereas if you went in and played some jazz people wouldn't mind as much.
Last edited by shredder408 at Oct 10, 2009,
Wherever I May Roam, awesome Lydian riff.
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by shredder408
hmm well i meant in society in general. Its getting better, but still how often do u hear metal at say a shopping centre or on TV or at sporting events for example? u get some, but not that much. Anything heavier than metallica is unheard of, and even metallica being probly the biggest real metal band ever isn't heard that often. (not to mention when you do its always fade to black or the unforgiven).

jazz is the least liked however, but it doesn't have the same dislike as metal if that makes sense. Like if i went into a shopping centre and say parkway drive was playing, everybody would be like ''turn that f-ing emo crap off" whereas if you went in and played some jazz people wouldn't mind as much.

Alot actually, every sports place plays Crazy Train and For whom the bells toll all the time.
Quote by darkcheef
Alot actually, every sports place plays Crazy Train and For whom the bells toll all the time.

well not out here (australia)...
Quote by shredder408
well not out here (australia)...

i got enter sandman played once an interschool athletics thingy. but they were mostly playing the type of dance stuff that some guy just makes on his computer
Pedal GAS?
Empress Heavy
ISP Dec of some sort
Keeley Katana
TC Corona/Vortex/Dreamscape
Quote by shredder408

They do worse - they tell you to turn off the elevator music.

Quote by shredder408

you pretty much the generic metalhead aren't you?

what happened to being an individual?

the difference between a rock vocalist and a pop vocalist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4sJMcgeDe0

around 6:30 onwards.

pop places an emphasis on vocals whereas metal puts an emphasis on the instruments.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you pretty much the generic metalhead aren't you?

what happened to being an individual?

the difference between a rock vocalist and a pop vocalist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4sJMcgeDe0

around 6:30 onwards.

pop places an emphasis on vocals whereas metal puts an emphasis on the instruments.

half the pop musicians cant even sing without ''tune enhancers'', or write their own lyrics... I'm not saying they all can't or anything, kelly actualy writes some of her own music and can genuinely sing however she still sometimes uses songwriters.
Last edited by shredder408 at Oct 11, 2009,
more than half of metal vocalists can't sing they just shout and make weird noises. And the guitarists just downtune and hack away at the lowest string as fast as possible.

I can generalise and make ignorant statements too.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
'screamo' is very difficult regardless of whether you like it or not; try to sing to words of your favourite song while either screaming, growling, death growling or a combination of any with clean vocals. Also ''hack away at the lowest string as fast as possible''? Have you never seen a real metal riff?... pop music is just slow 5th chord riffs or open chord chord progressions with a basic 4/4 time key and usualy a slow rhythm of 80-120bpm. Metal uses a huge variety of timekeys and up to a 240bpm rhythm.

you are right on the fact that pop is more lyrically orientated while metal is more instrumentaly orientated.
Last edited by shredder408 at Oct 11, 2009,
Page 1 of 2