i have an ibanez rg5ex1 and everytime i try to doa pinch harmonic on the 13th fret on they come out muted it's not a problem in my technique cause they sound fine up until the 13-24 frets I don't know what the problem is
yeah the action is to low, or there is a lot smaller range of the part of the string you can hit, only so many spots you can hit up the neck to get a proper pinch
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Last edited by vulcan422 at Oct 4, 2009,
it's just harder to find harmonics because you have less string to work with

try finding the spot half way between the fret and bridge and also the spot a quarter of the way up from the bridge
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
As you bring your fretting hand moves down the srting to do pinch harmonics so does your plucking hand. Keep that in mind and try moving your plucking hand around if you havn't already.
You don't need to adjust anything on your guitar. It's all down to technique. You can get clear pinch harmonics rining out on an acoustic if your technique is good enough.

When you go further up the neck, the space that you can get pinch harmonics out of becomes much smaller. That's all there is to it, you have to be very specific and precise once you get to the 12th frets and higher.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
You don't need to adjust anything on your guitar. It's all down to technique. You can get clear pinch harmonics rining out on an acoustic if your technique is good enough.

When you go further up the neck, the space that you can get pinch harmonics out of becomes much smaller. That's all there is to it, you have to be very specific and precise once you get to the 12th frets and higher.

Damn, beat me to it
they should be really easy to get on the 14th so try there and keep repeating then just move down the 13th (once you get them they are really easy to find).