Hey everyone, just finished the bass on another song, "The Golden Chalice", which you can hear in my profile. Tell me what you like, what you don't like etc, and of course ill crit back. Mostly looking for pointers on the mixing this time, but of course comments on anything else are welcome, and so are any questions at all.

Enjoy! =]

~Sean.
It's not bad, but when I read progressive I expected something more ... well, progressive. To me it's a normal power metal song.

The acoustic guitar in the beginning is way to thin. The electric guitar is too distorted in my eyes. I think it would sound better if you doubled it but with less distortion.
The sound of the bass is cool!

The idea of the song is good, but you should still work on it to make it more 'progressive'. Vocals would really suit the song

(btw. why is there a song called "bauchnabel"? I had to laugh about that. Quite a good idea. My next song will be something like "Achselhöhle")
Quote by Reeen
It's not bad, but when I read progressive I expected something more ... well, progressive. To me it's a normal power metal song.

The acoustic guitar in the beginning is way to thin. The electric guitar is too distorted in my eyes. I think it would sound better if you doubled it but with less distortion.
The sound of the bass is cool!

The idea of the song is good, but you should still work on it to make it more 'progressive'. Vocals would really suit the song

(btw. why is there a song called "bauchnabel"? I had to laugh about that. Quite a good idea. My next song will be something like "Achselhöhle")

Well yeah I guess there could have been more variety in it.

And yeah I had no idea how to improve the sound of the acoustic at the start, I even recorded extra tracks to emphasize the bass notes but I couln't get it to sound any fuller, im pretty new to recording acoustsic.

Thanks for the crit!

And, about the Bauchnabel, it's an inside joke haha, a friend of mine kinda has a thing for bellybuttons, and so when my other friend found out the german for it, we just kept saying it and I decided to call that song it haha.
Not bad. Quality is decent as well. First off, the the things i liked were, the lead guitars around 1:05 and the solo was pretty good. I also liked the acoustic parts but i have to agree with the post above that they did sound too thin. I didn't like the main riff, it's a little bland i feel like you could've done quite a bit more with that. Also it is just a bit repetitive. Just a little constructive criticism for ya.

C4C????

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1210266
sounds great, i imagine being on some ancient battlefield with this music. I like the harmony guitars there they are nice. all you need really is some wailing singer over the top and it would be Epic indeed.

C4C?