Just a recent thought I had really. None of my family or close relatives are at all musical, and I actually have no idea what started my life long love for music, I just remember from a young age really wanting to play an instrument! Just wondering what other peoples influences or stories may be, and how they got into music?
From my left knee cap, it just loved Bach's work.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
5th grade, helping my dad organize some stuff. I had previously only listened to some classical and thought that the only other stuff out there was rap.
My dad put on R.E.M.'s "Radio Free Europe" and my world exploded.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
i just thought it would be cool to play guitar and there was a guitar class at school, i guess it just kinda grew from there
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
MY ear,my guitar,and my PC
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I wasn't even born yet, but my grandparents managed this Mexican band and so when I was born, they would take me to see the band and, eventually, my love for music blossomed. I had VERY VERY much family support and many of my friends are musicians, just like me. Today, I can play 13 instruments and I sing in two church choirs and sing back-up in that Mexican band.

E-married to no one
My Name is MaryJane
Pokemon Black FC: 3310-5005-8816

Quote by Kumanji
Honestly, I know where Alabama is and I suppose that explains your deeply striking looks...
Same here, no one in my whole family plays music and only a few even care about it, however I remember when I was 8 I saw a few guitars hanging on the wall at a pawn shop, and I would just hit the open strings (since I couldn't reach the guitar itself) with my finger and thought, "This is the easiest thing in the world, anyone can play guitar." But it wasn't until 5-6 years later that I met new friends who played bass and drums and it inspired me to pick up a guitar, and after I learned Get Free by the Vines I knew I wanted to play music for the rest of my life
When I was a kid I used to run around the house while listening to Dark Side Of The Moon.

Ah such nice times.
My best friend started getting into a guitar and he showed me some chords. I picked up my father's ancient acoustic with action higher than Mt. Kilimanjaro and started practicing.

I stuck with it because I'm a stubborn/competitive bastard.
Well, a long time ago I had a paper route, and on this route, I was extremely bored, so I took my dad's MP3 player with me and listened to that.
Before that I never listened to music, I had no interest in it.
Soon I got my own MP3 player, but didn't use it that often.

I then moved to Ontario, where I knew nobody, so music was all I really had to do during lunch, or the bus ride.
Now because of this move, I've discovered a lot of amazing music, and continue to do so.

EDIT: Christ, that felt like writing some short English assignment or something.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
L1tstng 2 t3h beeeetlez!1!!11 1 lol!
(not really)

Considering music's been an integral part of almost any culture since the dawn of civilization, i think from the first time i can remember anything, i remember some form of music. i grew into loving it because it just appealed to me so much, and that love grew when i wanted to become a musician.

Quote by floppypick
Well, a long time ago I had a paper route, and on this route, I was extremely bored, so I took my dad's MP3 player with me and listened to that.
Before that I never listened to music, I had no interest in it.
Soon I got my own MP3 player, but didn't use it that often.

I then moved to Ontario, where I knew nobody, so music was all I really had to do during lunch, or the bus ride.
Now because of this move, I've discovered a lot of amazing music, and continue to do so.

dude, how young are you?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Last edited by ExtremeMetalFTW at Oct 4, 2009,
My mum used to have old Eric Clapton, Thin Lizzy, Rod Stewart, Meatloaf and Bruce Springsteen tapes on in the car and I used to love listening to them. After that I discovered how great the radio is, I found out I had a major passion for music then. At age 7 then I bought my first album, Californication I think it was. I've only gotten more and more into new music over the years since.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Ah my sister went through a rock stage,

She used to listen to Nirvana and got a classical guitar to learn. She gave it all up.

But i liked Nirvana and deicided to pick up the guitar, once i picked up the guitar started to learn and stuff i went ffrom Nirvana to Metallica and so.

So yeah this all happened when I was 13.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
When i was a kid, my parents took my to tons of concerts/festivals, and even a few bars to see bands. I dunno, i've always liked music, but when i was about 7 i said to my Dad that i wanted to learn to play the fiddle. The rest is history man.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
my dad is one of those hardcore mexican guys but he likes guns n roses and he would always bump their classic, november rain and i was so stoked when i heard the first solo. that made me pick up the guitar.
I am a nice guy amd i like The Adicts and cupycakes!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
L1tstng 2 t3h beeeetlez!1!!11 1 lol!
(not really)

Considering music's been an integral part of almost any culture since the dawn of civilization, i think from the first time i can remember anything, i remember some form of music. i grew into loving it because it just appealed to me so much, and that love grew when i wanted to become a musician.

dude, how young are you?

What do you mean? I'm almost 17...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

Quote by floppypick
What do you mean? I'm almost 17...

you sound from your description like you're 12

your dad had an mp3 before you did shows that your dad might be young, and young parents often have young children.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
you sound from your description like you're 12

your dad had an mp3 before you did shows that your dad might be young, and young parents often have young children.

Oh, no he just had about an hours car ride to work, so he bought one for the ride.

I just used it, until I got one a while later.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

From feeling alone, I decided to do something with my life instead of feeling sorry for my self, so i stared taking guitar lessons ..................

ps-Sum 41 inspired me....i know....i know = (
Quote by alexmonty12
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 Soundtrack. No word of a lie.

Yes. That didn't start me on music, but those games plus the Legend of Zelda soundtracks really got me into a lot of the music i love now.
I grew up around a lot of music, so that's what got me into listening to it. My mom played piano often when i was younger, my grandpa played guitar, harmonica, and violin; and my sister played drums and saxophone in marching band so i listened to all of that a lot. Then i played saxophone in middle school band, since i could use my sister's old one and we wouldn't have to buy anything new, but i didn't get good at it at all and almost never practiced. I joined a band in 8th grade playing drums even though i hadn't used a set before, and we played at a talent show and learned a few songs. Eventually the band changed around and i bought a guitar, and that's how i got into playing music. Woohoo!