So the local guitar shop I took my LTD to get setup at has a dark green finished-top Ibanez RGT42FXQM, its got a ding on the underside of the body back toward where the guitar sits above your right hip (when standing).

The original price was $699 and hes asking $420 for it, is this a fair price? Is the RGT42 a good guitar for $700? Would it be a better deal for $420?

If so, is this ding repairable? Its right on the edge of the body, but its gone through the finish and I can see a spot of bare wood maybe an 1/8-1/4 thick.

I know its a minor quibble for saving $280, but Im nit picky about blemishes.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
you can repair finish chips for like 10 bucks so yeah i'd get it

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Mitochondria9
So the local guitar shop I took my LTD to get setup at has a dark green finished-top Ibanez RGT42FXQM, its got a ding on the underside of the body back toward where the guitar sits above your right hip (when standing).

The original price was $699 and hes asking $420 for it, is this a fair price? Is the RGT42 a good guitar for $700? Would it be a better deal for $420?

If so, is this ding repairable? Its right on the edge of the body, but its gone through the finish and I can see a spot of bare wood maybe an 1/8-1/4 thick.

I know its a minor quibble for saving $280, but Im nit picky about blemishes.

GET IT.

NAO.

But play it first
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by David Collins
If you're nit picky about blemishes, get that one, and get a new one without any flaws. Then you can play the dinged one, and leave the other one in the box.

Seriously... If you want a guitar to play, get one to play. If you want something that remains eternally perfect, don't play it. You don't have to bash it up intentionally, but dings and chips happen.

They should actually be charging more for a chipped finish, and bill it as bonus anxiety relief. Now that the first scratch is already there, you don't have to be thinking more about protecting it than playing it, and you can actually play it enthusiastically without hesitation or guilt.

lol. Im not *thaaat* bad, I just take care of my guitars. But thanks for the advice, I think I shall have a NGD very soon.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Not trying to bump this thread, although I am...
But I think I have this exact guitar if you haven't gotten rid of it.. Same placement of the dink and same kind of damage...
Quote by MrFlibble
There are no words to accurately describe my disdain for this post.