So i wanna install a killswitch on my les paul but i dont like the look of a killswtich, then i was on guitar centers website and i saw the new epiphone special GT II and in the specs it mentions a tone know that acts as a killswitch as well you just push down on the knob but you turn it and it still works as a tone knob. Does anyone have any idea what the name of the knob that does this is. Or how i can make this possible?

Read the specs
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphon...886-i1472213.gc
Guitars
1959' Gibson Reissue Les Paul
Gibson Alpine White Les Paul Studio
EVH Fender Frankenstrat
Jackson DKMG
Gibson les Paul Voodoo
Amps
Bugera 6262
Line 6 Spider III 75 combo
On some guitars (and i'm not a tech-head so i couldn't tell you how exactly) the pick-ups are wired in such a way that when you select a certain combination they're completely quiet. I don't know if this is what you mean or if you're talking about actually being able to use a killswitch like Buckethead does?
With Les Paul style wiring you can choose the volume of both pickups, so turn one right down, and one right up, then use your pickupswitch as a killswitch.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't actually read your post, and now that I have I realised I didn't help at all
Why not just turn the volume all the way down on the pickup your not using and use the toggle switch?
You can't do it to any old tone knob, You need a direct switch to do it; on-on mini toggle, on-on slider, push-push, push-pull, Fender S-1, or it can be installed as part of the normal 3/4/5-way switch.

Anyway, it's pretty pointless. There's nothing you can do with a kill switch that isn't better to do with a volume pedal.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
My ibanez came with a killswitch i never used it too much hassle so i modded it and put a tone knob there instead.
Legend.
Quote by MrFlibble
You can't do it to any old tone knob, You need a direct switch to do it; on-on mini toggle, on-on slider, push-push, push-pull, Fender S-1, or it can be installed as part of the normal 3/4/5-way switch.

Anyway, it's pretty pointless. There's nothing you can do with a kill switch that isn't better to do with a volume pedal.

Learn the solo of gory head stump by buckethead, then show me you playing it with a volume pedal...
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by azn_guitarist25
http://www.shadow-electronics.com/viewpro.html?lang_id=&id=266 This but it's only a momentary switch so it won't stay 'on' without you holding it down. Otherwise just do the other method of putting 1 vol on 10, and the 2nd vol on 0 and use your pickup switch as the killswitch.

I play alot of buckethead stuff so its sort of hard for me to do the 0vol flickering. I can do it and i do do it sometiems but i think a killswitch button pot would be a lot easier
Guitars
1959' Gibson Reissue Les Paul
Gibson Alpine White Les Paul Studio
EVH Fender Frankenstrat
Jackson DKMG
Gibson les Paul Voodoo
Amps
Bugera 6262
Line 6 Spider III 75 combo
Quote by 6SixShoot3rsUp
I play alot of buckethead stuff so its sort of hard for me to do the 0vol flickering. I can do it and i do do it sometiems but i think a killswitch button pot would be a lot easier

If that's the case than the shadow killpot thingy would be right up your alley as it allows you to do all the machine gun sounds you want.
Quote by MrFlibble

Watch some videos of Tom Morello and Buckethead and then tell me that you can do that with a volume pedal.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Watch some videos of Tom Morello and Buckethead and then tell me that you can do that with a volume pedal.
Quote by grayfox1001
Learn the solo of gory head stump by buckethead, then show me you playing it with a volume pedal...
You can, very easily. Set maximum volume to whatever you want the maximum to be, set minim to zero, click pedal on, click it off. On, off, on off, etc etc etc. It's just like pumping the break. It's actually a simple fact of the human body, your thigh can react and move quicker than your wrist or fingers can.

Or even if you had a gimped leg you could still do it with the pickup toggle method as everyone else has suggsted.

Or you could just grow up.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^I wouldnt have been pissed if you didnt add the or you could just grow up thing. Is it childlike to think that killswitches are good or something?
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
Quote by MrFlibble
You can, very easily. Set maximum volume to whatever you want the maximum to be, set minim to zero, click pedal on, click it off. On, off, on off, etc etc etc. It's just like pumping the break. It's actually a simple fact of the human body, your thigh can react and move quicker than your wrist or fingers can.

Or even if you had a gimped leg you could still do it with the pickup toggle method as everyone else has suggsted.

Or you could just grow up.

You are wrong.

With a volume pedal you get the max to min sweep, which is highly undesirable in most situations, thus the killswitch was invented. Instant cut-off of the signal.

And you leg may react faster but it also gets tired faster.

So maybe you should just grow up and admit you're wrong
Quote by Tedward
YWith a volume pedal you get the max to min sweep, which is highly undesirable in most situations, thus the killswitch was invented. Instant cut-off of the signal.
You can set (most good) volume pedals to be a direct on/off too, which is what I specified. Then you have the added option of a gradient sweep should you ever want that effect too. Then there's the fact you can keep playing while applying the effect.

Only if you're terribly out of shape. Your thigh's one of the most robust muscles in your body, or at least it should be.

Or, as I've just had a brain wave, if you require very rapid volume fluxuation, you could use a tremolo pedal to do the same job, many times faster than any person could operate any other lever or switch.
Quote by Tedward
You are wrong.

With a volume pedal you get the max to min sweep, which is highly undesirable in most situations, thus the killswitch was invented. Instant cut-off of the signal.

So maybe you should just grow up and admit you're wrong

Im goin with this guy
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10